• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of Stalingrad Official Steam Game Group

As all this is happening in and around Stalingrad, I'm pretty certain there will be some sort of kessel, even a Stalingrad Kessel !

300px-German_pows_stalingrad_1943.jpg

On the way to the Tea Rooms.
Or even Stalingrad Kettle.

Upvote 0
... but the fact is we (still) don't know for sure whether or not it will happen. Thus, to show an image of a tank while still leaving the question of tanks in RO:HoS unanswered, is a big kick in the virtual groin!

Let's use a little common sense here guys. TWI makes games *they* want to play. We know they like to play RO with tanks. They also know RO players (not all) prefer a game with tanks.

Do you guys really think they'd go "backwards" in functionality and not put in tanks? Of course tanks will be in, they just haven't shown it. My guess is, they'll be much more detailed, or very different from the current RO tank system, which is why we haven't seen anything about it yet.

We also haven't seen evidence falling from 6 stories will kill you in ROHOS, but I think it's safe to assume it will. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

Upvote 0
It's not about whether or not I believe there will be tanks (which I do), nor did I ever imply that I thought tanks would be excluded from HoS. It's simply about TWI's terrible PR when it comes to vehicles! This isn't even a tease. A tease gives you a taste of things to come. This is getting people's hopes up and then crushing them!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Moar news on the steam page! You should give us concrete milestones so that the group has a recruiting goal to reach. This would, imo, increase the rate at which we get members. The most important thing about these milestones is it would increase participation between the community and the developer, which is always a good thing.

For instance say, "At 5000 members, we will release some exclusive news." Each time a milestone is met, post something new. Even if it isn't screenshots, the devs could post diaries of what its like to work on RO:HOS and give a glimpse into it's development.

Just a little bit of PR suggestions to go along with my desire to know more about this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
eh TWi bloggy

morning 5:45 AM ...

I make my way from the bunker we sleeped in overnight ,over the sleeping bodys of KF fans ( i have to be carefull here, if i wake one of them they will imidiatly start their chanting "UPDATE,UPDDATTTEEE" ) to the office doors. I have to unweld it first ( bloody freaks, i wish we never introduced leveling perks to KF ). Someone shouts "ACHTUNG SHAMBEE BAMBEE" and iam covered in colored confetti made of the allready release RO:HOS screenshots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So people are shouting for more news on the official Steam group. We've done two news posts with new screenshots in two weeks. That's pretty regular updating :) We'll have some dev bloggy stuff to put up there next week as well. Keep an eye out.
And we appreciate it! What I'm saying is that it's not just about the updates themselves -- it's about giving the community a way of participating in the updates. By giving us goals to reach it keeps the community more involved and invested in the rewards for being loyal to Tripwire.

Upvote 0
couple random things i've been wondering about the OGG:

was there any reasoning behind naming the OGG "RO2" and not ROHOS, like potentially that the official name could end up as Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad? always thought an added "2" would gave it more of a connection in establishing the game as part of the "RO Series".

also since it's related, will Steam just wait to add the official RO:HOS Steam forums section (and then update the link in the group page) until it's released or would they add it beforehand? just seemed kinda odd that there's an OGG but no store page or linked support forums considering every OGG i've seen, the group was created after the game was "established" (i.e. had a tentative release date, offered early beta access or pre-order etc...)

Upvote 0