• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes of Stalingrad Official Steam Game Group

They said it was a static mesh, i.e., not a drivable vehicle. There's no mystery.

logical deduction:

If its a static mesh now that doesn't have to mean that it won't end up as a drivable model in the future. Aka it could be posed there for a screen shot, and basically the animations and code etc might not be done yet. Then saying that it is a static mesh would be speaking the truth.

Upvote 0
As all this is happening in and around Stalingrad, I'm pretty certain there will be some sort of kessel, even a Stalingrad Kessel !

300px-German_pows_stalingrad_1943.jpg

On the way to the Tea Rooms.

Upvote 0
So? What's your point? Your quote only corroborates what I'm saying. The tank shown in that screenshot is not drivable.

the point is like what was said in the quoted section......just because it's a static mesh (according to Ramm) doesn't mean that there aren't plans to MAKE IT driveable. additionally, why in the world would they put a static mesh in the middle of that road of a tank that is undamaged, untarnished and in pristine condition? that would be completely illogical and inaccurate enough to kill immersion. therefore the only logical deduction is that they staged the screenshot to include a static mesh of a beautiful tank that just needs animations/coding as they are working on making it drivable for when the game is completed ;)

Upvote 0
Well of course there is the possibility to make the tank drivable, but the fact is we (still) don't know for sure whether or not it will happen. Thus, to show an image of a tank while still leaving the question of tanks in RO:HoS unanswered, is a big kick in the virtual groin!

Why would there be a static tank in the middle of the road like that? Who says it isn't damaged? The tank is so small you can't make out the details clearly. Maybe it was hit on the other side. Maybe it suffered mechanical failure.

Upvote 0