Heroes of Stalingrad Official Steam Game Group

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

MEGADETHTHRETH

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2009
As all this is happening in and around Stalingrad, I'm pretty certain there will be some sort of kessel, even a Stalingrad Kessel !

On the way to the Tea Rooms.
Or even Stalingrad Kettle.

Mormegil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
... but the fact is we (still) don't know for sure whether or not it will happen. Thus, to show an image of a tank while still leaving the question of tanks in RO:HoS unanswered, is a big kick in the virtual groin!

Let's use a little common sense here guys. TWI makes games *they* want to play. We know they like to play RO with tanks. They also know RO players (not all) prefer a game with tanks.

Do you guys really think they'd go "backwards" in functionality and not put in tanks? Of course tanks will be in, they just haven't shown it. My guess is, they'll be much more detailed, or very different from the current RO tank system, which is why we haven't seen anything about it yet.

We also haven't seen evidence falling from 6 stories will kill you in ROHOS, but I think it's safe to assume it will. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

Dwin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2007
It's not about whether or not I believe there will be tanks (which I do), nor did I ever imply that I thought tanks would be excluded from HoS. It's simply about TWI's terrible PR when it comes to vehicles! This isn't even a tease. A tease gives you a taste of things to come. This is getting people's hopes up and then crushing them!

Last edited:

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
dwin buddy, that static was the tease.....you're just overthinking it a little too much.;)

but yes, i'd agree with you that a better tease would be a video of a tank driving through the woods mowing down any tree that gets in its path :eek::)

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
This is getting people's hopes up and then crushing them!

You imply this is not fun for me and not part of the plan all along... :p I do it daily in our iRC channel

FlyXwire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
TWI needs to reinforce the Steam site's relevance, by posting timely updates there also (even though it means having to go back and forth between two HEROES places).

Maybe that'll improve more of the Steam Group recruitment.

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
Moar news on the steam page! You should give us concrete milestones so that the group has a recruiting goal to reach. This would, imo, increase the rate at which we get members. The most important thing about these milestones is it would increase participation between the community and the developer, which is always a good thing.

For instance say, "At 5000 members, we will release some exclusive news." Each time a milestone is met, post something new. Even if it isn't screenshots, the devs could post diaries of what its like to work on RO:HOS and give a glimpse into it's development.

Just a little bit of PR suggestions to go along with my desire to know more about this game.

Last edited:

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
So people are shouting for more news on the official Steam group. We've done two news posts with new screenshots in two weeks. That's pretty regular updating :) We'll have some dev bloggy stuff to put up there next week as well. Keep an eye out.

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
eh TWi bloggy

morning 5:45 AM ...

I make my way from the bunker we sleeped in overnight ,over the sleeping bodys of KF fans ( i have to be carefull here, if i wake one of them they will imidiatly start their chanting "UPDATE,UPDDATTTEEE" ) to the office doors. I have to unweld it first ( bloody freaks, i wish we never introduced leveling perks to KF ). Someone shouts "ACHTUNG SHAMBEE BAMBEE" and iam covered in colored confetti made of the allready release RO:HOS screenshots.

Last edited:

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
So people are shouting for more news on the official Steam group. We've done two news posts with new screenshots in two weeks. That's pretty regular updating :) We'll have some dev bloggy stuff to put up there next week as well. Keep an eye out.
And we appreciate it! What I'm saying is that it's not just about the updates themselves -- it's about giving the community a way of participating in the updates. By giving us goals to reach it keeps the community more involved and invested in the rewards for being loyal to Tripwire.

-[SiN]-bswearer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2008
couple random things i've been wondering about the OGG:

was there any reasoning behind naming the OGG "RO2" and not ROHOS, like potentially that the official name could end up as Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad? always thought an added "2" would gave it more of a connection in establishing the game as part of the "RO Series".

also since it's related, will Steam just wait to add the official RO:HOS Steam forums section (and then update the link in the group page) until it's released or would they add it beforehand? just seemed kinda odd that there's an OGG but no store page or linked support forums considering every OGG i've seen, the group was created after the game was "established" (i.e. had a tentative release date, offered early beta access or pre-order etc...)