• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code help!!!!

corus

Feb 2, 2015
hi guys, hope ur ok, i dunno from where to start so im gonna say that im barely new in this theme and im so excited,too, to learn uscript(create maps create new skins,encript etc......) my first project i wanna do with ur help guys is how to change default music in maps, for example bioticlabs(i wanna find the way to make it work online becuz i do know how offline) it has something to do with the music trigger n im pretty sure i need to modify the code of the map but i dunno how to make it work. im open to any opinion. hope u can help me guys, im frustrated ive been searching everywhere n i cant find the way, pliz guys have mercy on me:confused:, i dunno what else to do. your help will be welcome.
nice day to everybody

you can use a scripted trigger and use action_playmusic then select the music or overwrite the defaults.

It will have to be an ogg file and users will not be able to hear it or download it unless they manually place in their music folder OR use Marcos mut for downloading.

If you have an existing map you will need to find the music trigger for it.

Upvote 0
hi guys, hope ur ok, i dunno from where to start so im gonna say that im barely new in this theme and im so excited,too, to learn uscript(create maps create new skins,encript etc......) my first project i wanna do with ur help guys is how to change default music in maps, for example bioticlabs(i wanna find the way to make it work online becuz i do know how offline) it has something to do with the music trigger n im pretty sure i need to modify the code of the map but i dunno how to make it work. im open to any opinion. hope u can help me guys, im frustrated ive been searching everywhere n i cant find the way, pliz guys have mercy on me:confused:, i dunno what else to do. your help will be welcome.
nice day to everybody
To change music in maps you should look at the map's .int file in the System folder. For example, KF-Aperture's .int file is called KF-Aperture.int.

In the .int file for KF-Aperture, you'll see the name [KFMusicTrigger1] which refers to the map's KFMusicTrigger. The number at the end can change between maps so you'll need to look at each map to find out the KFMusicTrigger actor name. From there, you can change out the names of each wave to whatever you like. Note that you cannot change the patriarch wave's music as it is hard coded to KF_Abandon. That would require actual Unrealscript code.

King Sumo has an awesome mutator to do what you want on the fly. You can find it here. Note that it's a mutator (and whitelisted!) so if you want client side changes you'll need to use .int files.
you can use a scripted trigger and use action_playmusic then select the music or overwrite the defaults.

It will have to be an ogg file and users will not be able to hear it or download it unless they manually place in their music folder OR use Marcos mut for downloading.

If you have an existing map you will need to find the music trigger for it.
W-why would you do any of this?

The first part of this is definitely the worst way to do it. Not only are you making a second map for no reason, but it's not a very reliable method.

If you want to use custom music, obviously you'll need to use the same file format as what's currently used (.ogg). There are converters for it so it's nbd.

Upvote 0