• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help Tripwire Interactive by having fun - join the new beta!

Just to clarify what things can get you excluded from the test.

First and formost - Badly filled out form. If you can't fill out a form right, how can I expect you to report bugs right.

Second - Infractions here at the forums. As I've stated before, people who cause problems in the forums we don't look at as shining examples of people who can maturely talk with fellow testers and developers.

We have accepted people both old and new to the community into the test and so far it is turning out well. I would like to thank everybody who has submited their application already for their interest in helping us make RO:O a better game.

Upvote 0
Do you guys accept under 18 players? :)

I don't see why not. I didn't read anything about a minimum age limit in the agreement.

A. If you're less than 18, you cannot sign a legally binding contract.

Not true. If you're a minor, you are not legally bound to the contract; minors can disaffirm (void out) contracts if they choose to. Once you reach your age of majority, then you are legally bound by your contracts.

I guess my old high school business law book has a real use now! :D

And yeah, the beta's pretty cool, but believe me I'll bug the hell out of TWI for fixes :D

Upvote 0
I have all setting at max but the game is limited to 85fps so that's all i get. I did put a post up a while ago asking if there was anyway to increase the limit but didn't get an answer.
The limit is only there in online play and its supposed to help the server somehow so it can stay in sync wih the clients or something. I don't know the details, but its there to help the servers. Its the same in UT2004.
It doesn't really matter though, because 85 fps is more than enough for RO (and UT2004) and capping your frames at a "more than enough" rate is always a good idea because a high change in frames, even if they are all fluid, can make the game look draggy. E.g. if you go from 160 frames to 60 frames and back etc. But if its capped at 85 you only go from 85 to 60, which in th end even helps to make the game look more fluid.
Either way, who cares? 85 fps is great, and if you want to see your actual achievable framerate for benchmarking and comparison you can start an offline pracise match.
I hope that helps you.

Are betatesters allowed to post screenshots?

Upvote 0
Not true. If you're a minor, you are not legally bound to the contract; minors can disaffirm (void out) contracts if they choose to. Once you reach your age of majority, then you are legally bound by your contracts.

I guess my old high school business law book has a real use now! :D

And yeah, the beta's pretty cool, but believe me I'll bug the hell out of TWI for fixes :D

Woooo!!! Thanks. :D

Upvote 0
Hope I filled out the form right *crosses fingers and jiggles up and down with impaticence* Ah well, at least my birthday is second of july, so it 02/07 or 07/02, 18 either ways.

BTW Eddyz Aquila, do you mind if I ask who you are on the eb forums, you probably recognixe me, though I haven't been on in nearly a month.

Upvote 0