• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help required making a video.

Hiya guys.
I'm making a video of the Darkest Hour mod & i'm having a bit of trouble with few things.
Firstly i have the proper version of Fraps but not sure what FPS lvl to have it on. My rig will handle any setting. The problem is when i playback the movie it has become pixilated.
Secondly is there anyway to control the speed of movement when in spectator mode? I tried the sprint & walk buttons but they don't work.
I'm using Windows Movie maker 2.6 btw.
So basically i need to get the best quality possible & need to be able to control the game more in spectate mode.
Cheers.
Rob

Last edited:
Well, heres what I know from my very limited experience with fraps :)

The Half-size setting will make it look very pixelated, as it downscales every frame to a lower (half?) rez. Better set it to Fullsize, and instead reduce your game rez to for instance 1280x720 even if you can run it higher. HD 720p is this resolution so you dont really need anything more.

This is mostly to reduce the size of the files created, they get HUGE, Fraps creates several 4GB files, with playtime of them dependent on your resolution and framerate.

Be sure you have at least 100 gigs free on the drive where you are recording, and be prepared to move it to make room for more.

I think setting framerate to 30 or 29.97 will reduce the amount of data so you can film longer without filling your HD but for games I don't know - it does not really look smooth for some reason - movies are 29 fps and they dont look choppy (?) but as I said I'm no expert on the matter :p

Upvote 0
Thanks Jaz.
I have most of that stuff sorted.
The quality is not what i want & also Movie maker isn't working properly.
When i try to save the file as a movie it says it can't do it either because file locations for retrieving or storing aren't correct (wrong) or not enough memory (289 Gb not enough??!!)
It worked yesterday although i did have to close it down & restart it to get it to work. but now no matter what i do it won't work. The movie plays great in Timeline (apart from the quality) but i just can't make it into a movie. I've uninstalled it & reinstalled it again but nothing worked.
Gonna download it again i think. I'm running Windows 7 so not sure if it has something to do with that.
Cheers.
Rob

Upvote 0