• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help!! Pc Problems :(

Aeneas2020

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2006
hey guys,
sorry to say i'm here yet again with my restart error. It's getting more and more common. Basically when running games (more and more, it started with company of heros) my computer restarts. System specs: AMD x2 4000, 2 gig ram, geforce 8800GTX gfx card, service pack 2, 650watt PSU. I ran gigabyte easy tune 5 (came with my mobo), along with several other apps to see if i could find a problem (at first i thought it was my ram). Easy tune is flagging up the image below (see image). But try as i may i can't find anywhere online to explain to me exactly what this means. Do i need more wattage on my PSU, probs a sensible idea but i'm on a budget i have no idea, i did move recently and my pc took a beating so it could be my mobo, processor or ram is bust but i doubt it. Please help i'm out of options and it is seriously beginning to get me down :(!

pcprobs.jpg

I don't know that software, but I'm thinking that it seems to be thinking it can't get a fan RPM off of your power supply. Now, it might be the software and the hardware just aren't talking; or maybe the fan on your
power supply really did kick the bucket.

If you don't want to make the investment, try hosing out the power supply with canned air and see if you can go longer without a shutdown. If the problem is the power supply itself -- not the amount supplied, but the unit itself -- ... Newegg sells a Linkworld 630watt supply for a whopping $34 shipped.

Upvote 0
Looks like the fan is having problems with the line. Try changing input position.
If you have it plugged into the MB, try a line of its own.
If you have a speed setting for the fan put it on minimum.

The CPU temperature looks good so over- heating is not the problem.

Video card is connected to a line of its own ?

Upvote 0
yeh the psu fan is running and the system is dust free, i'm getting conflicting reports some people think it's over heating others that i need a new psu, i have to say i dont have the time or money for a new psu atm, if it really comes down to that i'll just have to stop playing RO and modding until i can afford the new stuff.

Upvote 0
thats because the symptoms are thesame for both issues. And can be connected. Heat is easy to check thats why first on you should check all temperatures of your computer including say memory videocards.
If all thats ok then parts could not get enough juice from the psu, so they cant perform as they should.
And some parts could just be unstable or have some corrupt pieces.

You need to slowly find the source of the problem then you can fix it its as simple as that. Psu and cleaning the computer are some generic things that in most cases can fix the issue.

11.6 ain't an ideal voltage but it should work in most cases, but whats the voltage during the crashes monitor it with a log. What are temperatures of your motherboard bridges, gpu and cpu during the crashes. Did you stresstest your memory with memtest, did you stresstest your cpu with prime or something.

And if your computer restarts it could be a software issue aswell, did it ever work with this system?
Go to control panel -> system -> advanced -> startup and recovery -> disable automatic restart upon system failure, then you'll be able to see a classical blue screen of death and give us the numbers or upload the windows dump file in here. (the dump folder is under the main windows folder i believe and the date and time is inside the file name so you can find the correct ones easily although i don't have the system tools to read dump files myself.
I could possibly help out if you just type over that info from the bluescreen and post it here.

Narrow the problem down if you don't have the money (or friends with computers where you can temporarily switch out some parts with), then try to find as much information on your problem so it can be narrowed further down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the only blue screen i ever got on it was when i was exiting the crysis demo the other day, it had exited the program fine and then for some reason blue screen and it said dump physical memory then restarted so in that case maybe thats the prob i just dont know, i always used to keep my pc in perfect condition since it got bashed in the move i havent had any end of problems with it

Upvote 0
check if the psu fan is still spinning. The power supply might be overheating.

Otherwise vacuum clean/compressed air clean the inside of the computer maybe your motherboard or videocard are overheating or got dead fans etc.

(if you vacuumclean do not touch the parts while cleaning afcourse you dont want to make tiny scratches :p)

WHATAREYOUR****INGNUTS? never never never never EVER put a vacuum cleener insisde your compy, why? because it creats static electiricy, the mortal enemy of all electronics.

hey jay i had that same problem on an older comp once (old pent 1) turned out it was an issued with a miniscule crack on the mobo and heat, the comp worked until the motherboard heated up a bit, then boom it crashed and reset.
hope you get that fixed though.

edit, haha lols , serves me right for not reading the whole post. hope it works for ya tonight then.

Upvote 0
I know of the problems people have with vacuum cleaners.

The thing is most computer parts are actually more sturdy than most people think and actually these days have protective circuitry to protect against static electricity.

Wearing gloves, Making sure that all static electricity is out of your computer and that its well grounded say by connecting it to a radiator. Well

I've seen shocks come of components i've pulled out of a computer and pulled in, with parts living with it. Then again i've seen parts live from from someone's feet getting stuck in the case and him tripping over a graphics card resulting in a slightly bended pcb :p.

Maybe giving it as advise ain't the best in the world, and i shouldn't do that.

I wonder what of it has become an urban myth, just like having to roll out cables fully while with todays requirements and regulations cables have to be able to work completely fine without any problem while staying rolled up. Were they problems yes, but regulations changed and things got safer.

Maybe its not the wisest, but the being safe part comes from quite some time ago most likely, everywhere where people mention it people get aggravated but do you have any experience of something bad happening?

I just wonder howmany recent stories there are about problems with vacuum cleaning a pc :\. You'll find more problems of people trying to use soap and water :p. (Although I've washed computer parts in destilled water sucessfully, to make em nice and shiny, and was too cheap to get me some cleaning alcohol :p)

And just like those hand things to loose the static energy on your hand you could ground the vacuum cleaner as well so no static energy can build up inside it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what i tend to do i use canned air to remove some of the dust and then light vacuum from a distance if at all...anyway the problem is solved now (new psu and case sorted it). I guess i was just stupid when i put the thing together 2 years ago for buying a mini case that got really hot.

as a testament of how tough PC parts are these days mine made a transatlantic trip on an airliner...the baggage handlers literally kicked the crap out of it (i found boot marks, dents etc on the crate thing i packed it in), and the only thing that was broken on it was 1 of my 2 old gfx cards. Everything else worked fine, its only when i got my new gfx card that i started getting probs but like i said thats fixed now also.

Upvote 0
ok well 3 days without a crash and then bang its back with a vengence. I'm now starting to think the whole damn thing is cause by some serious hardware probs...maybe ram is broken or the mobo has some issues (could even be a HD error)....either way im ready to take serious action now, if i cnt fix the damn probs ill just buy new parts and install vista. Is there ne way ne one can point me to some software that will allow me to read my .dmp files? thanks

Upvote 0