• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help!! Pc Problems :(

You know, I once download a program that tested hardware to see if it had problems, similar to what memtest does with memory, but obviously other pcs of hardware. I only had the demo version, so it would only run the 'stress' tests for 20 minutes maximum for each particular pc of hardware then quit. The pay version would run indefinately. My problem ended up being memory timings for my new cpu which I ended up finding out on my own.

Anyway, I wish I could recall what that program was, I have since deleted it from my computer...does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Upvote 0
well thanks guys...got some more news on this i went a bit nuts last nite, cudnt get memtest to run so i went through every processor and mobo driver update installed everything and then rolled back and forward systematically for about 5 hours...long story short it appears i found a combination that stops the crashes. Again it cud be like the last "fix" i found in that it seems to work then it makes everything go haywire. :D so for now the problem seems to be fixed.....i'll post again should the inevitable happen lol.

Upvote 0
Once a socket is no longer required, the calling program can discard the socket by applying a close subroutine to the socket descriptor. If a reliable delivery socket has data associated with it when a close takes place, the system continues to attempt data transfer. However, if the data is still undelivered, the system discards the data. Should the application program have no use for any pending data, it can use the shutdown subroutine on the socket prior to closing it.

Well, good luck with that...:eek:

Upvote 0
hey guys 1 last request from me then b4 i give up on this...i'm running a GA-K8N-SLI mobo, i think i may have the latest bios etc for it, but i want to make 100% sure if ne one has a spare second cud someone post a link here to what they think is the correct version. I dloaded one off the gigabyte site and flashed my bios, didnt seem to help but its the only thing i havent tried like 13 times so i wanna be sure thanks...getting desperate now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
guys once again i need your help...i'm totally gone and messed up my computer again and at this point i'm scared to touch the thing anymore. I'm talking to you via windows safe mode because everytime i start windows i get this BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" the driver in question is the AegisP.sys which I think may be connected to this aegia physics software that is around these days (no i don't have a physics card btw)...
anyway until this gets fixed clearly i cnt do anything because i can't get into windows.
The problem started when i was installing UT3 and it tried to install a new driver for aegia but for some reason the machine restarted and i think somethin has gone horribly wrong. I tried dloading the latest update straight from the site but the wonderful windows safe mode wont let you install things that use "windows installer" (things like nvidia drivers yeh no probs but this noooo). Anyway i'm to the point of giving up now seriously, i'm so fed up that if this doesn't fix it 100% i'm gunna call it quits and sell the thing. Anyway ne one got ne ideas how to fix this damn thing?

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem with that bloody thing, it seems to need a different installation for each demo/game, my problem came with the MoH Airborne thing I think !

So, you have to delete any existing version that is found on your computer.
You should be able to do that in safe mode...

Bet you tried that already !
Courage....

Upvote 0