• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[help] optimize graphic performance

RoBoT

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Syria
I should've asked about this along time ago, I have been getting issues with random low frames, like my fps usually around 100-150 then all sudden it drops down to 30-45 when zeds come...

I have been trying make the game runs better by turning off antialiasing,anisotropic,shadows and vsync
it did help increase the frames but not when around the zeds

and i was confused with Texture,Character details... it felt like highest = normal with no changes

what should I do? :/
P.S I have bloom,blur on because i like to keep them

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2GHz (8 CPUs)
6114MB RAM
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family / Nvidia Geforce GT540M
DirectX 11

I recommend you to turn off 'Bloom' (there is no real difference noticeable) and 'MotionBlur' as it is an annoying feature as it brings along disadvantages only (blurred vision while turning around, performance loss).

As I wrote in the other thread, try this to enhance the performance a bit.
[...]
I did following things to improve my performance:
1. TCP Optimizer
2. KF Tweaks
3. Enable "Dynamic Netspeed" in KF game options
[...]

I also suffer from jumping fps. When I'm the only one using our connection I have 60-120 on nearby servers.
When there are other users my ping jumps up to 988. Then goes down and up again and so on... quite annoying...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like to keep bloom because its pretty noticeable for me and my maps focus on it
also the quote you posted some of them are for internet speed, not graphic optimizing, I did read the tweaks thread, some of them cause lowering the frames like "ReduceMouseLag=True"

Try setting your Texture Filtering - Quality in your Nvidia Contol Panel -> Manage 3D settings down to Performance.

Just re-read your specs and your laptop is similar to my one (2820 & 580m). I found this helps with frames but does kill some of the detail.

Upvote 0