• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Help] Muzzle Flash Problems

Now I've noticed this on several weapon mods, most prominently was on the machine gun package but I've also seen it on the Moss12 and Colt Python.

As seen in this pic there is a separate muzzle flash. That appears in the location of the first shot fired and it will stay there regardless of where you move. As you can see from the screen shot there is also a shell emitter. (Tracers also originate from here if the weapons use them (machine guns))

muzzleflash.jpg

Does anyone know what causes this and how it maybe fixed?

Нужна кость к которой привязывается muzzleflash, стандартное имя этой кости в Killing Floor 'tip'.
Для вида от первого лица указывается в файле *weapon*.uc
Code:
defaultproperties
{
         FlashBoneName="[B][COLOR=Lime]tip[/COLOR][/B]"

Для вида от третьего лица указывается в файле *weapon*attachments.uc
Code:
simulated function DoFlashEmitter()
{
    if (mMuzFlash3rd == None)
    {
        mMuzFlash3rd = Spawn(mMuzFlashClass);
        AttachToBone(mMuzFlash3rd, '[COLOR=Lime][B]tip[/B][/COLOR]');
    }
    if(mMuzFlash3rd != None)
        mMuzFlash3rd.SpawnParticle(1);
}
Узнать имя нужной кости можно в KFEd.

Нажимаем кнопки 'View bones' и 'View bones names'
image_4ecf9c54e375c.jpg

Upvote 0
Right I had a look at my P90 code and found straight away. I added the code:
Code:
simulated function DoFlashEmitter()
{
    if (mMuzFlash3rd == None)
    {
        mMuzFlash3rd = Spawn(mMuzFlashClass);
        AttachToBone(mMuzFlash3rd, '[B]TipBoneHere[/B]');
    }
    if(mMuzFlash3rd != None)
        mMuzFlash3rd.SpawnParticle(1);
}

You also may want to check this line too:
Code:
ShellEjectBoneName="[B]EjectorBone[/B]"

It was one of those that fixed it and the other fixed the third person I think. Test it out as im guessing you have different names for the weapon bones. Hope it helpped :)

Upvote 0
WRONG! I ported my own version with full scope etc with permission. Here is the video for my version:
http://www.xfire.com/video/5050f6/

This is my video for the custom characters in play but I had my P90 in show there with my perk it's used for. :)

The P90 you referrenced is a really buggy version that was not properly made (no offence to the author who ported it but I think he knows that too).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh yeah forgot about that, i fixed it in mine (the machineguns) and i should point out that the muzzleflashbone function is inside kfweaponattachment.uc, and the shell ejector is inside the weapon's fire.uc.

i havent uploaded my fixed version yet cause i'm still adding to it (finally got a saw m249 modeled/textured, just having probs with animating cause i suck at it right now)
mostly i've been adding in all the RO guns, and finalizing the ones i made myself, so when i'm done i might release it here, or just keep it in my community, dunno yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoyo made that one i think, and he didn't really port it well. IJC actually made it for their ballistic weapons pack, but yoyo ported it. when he found out that it didn't port smoothly he just kinda gave up :/

Also, flux, your's is very nice, but are you releasing it? or is it your server only :(
I might ask the author to see if I can release it as I originally asked to keep it private as I ported his to fix it for myself. We'll see :)

oh yeah forgot about that, i fixed it in mine (the machineguns) and i should point out that the muzzleflashbone function is inside kfweapon.uc, and the shell ejector is inside the weapon's fire.uc.

i havent uploaded my fixed version yet cause i'm still adding to it (finally got a saw m249 modeled/textured, just having probs with animating cause i suck at it right now)
mostly i've been adding in all the RO guns, and finalizing the ones i made myself, so when i'm done i might release it here, or just keep it in my community, dunno yet.
Yeah I forgot to mention that on here and told him via Steam. I think it's fixed enough as I haven't heard anything back and he's playing other games :p

Upvote 0
now that i've gone through some of my guns, i still get the 3rd person shell spewer not using the designated bone name, i even tried naming it the same as in kfweaponattachment (ShellPort)
at least the flash works correctly:
Shot00065.jpg
Nice gun! Yeah you done what I did to find a solution. I have fixed mine but in third person the light effect comes out in the middle of the gun (I think)...sorry it's been a few months since I last looked at my P90.

Upvote 0