• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help ME!

Mr._Kong

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2006
A Sniper Position Near You.
I started up RO this evening and when I tried to join a server my computor crashed, so I tried to start up again. This time it restarted when i tried to start up the game, it did this several times in a row. Then it started to give me this message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: ...\Steamapps\mr_Kong\Red Orchestra\System\RedOrchestra.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Help ME!

There was a Steam update yesterday which I got when I started Steam this morning. But after the Steam update & I got to my games list my ROO said it was at 99% now. So I started up the bandwidth monitor & I noticed the ROO update was pretty much the exact same size as the -beta ro update. I just assumed it was the patch went official. Started up the game & it was still listed as version 1000. Strange.

Upvote 0
Devourer said:
There was a Steam update yesterday which I got when I started Steam this morning. But after the Steam update & I got to my games list my ROO said it was at 99% now. So I started up the bandwidth monitor & I noticed the ROO update was pretty much the exact same size as the -beta ro update. I just assumed it was the patch went official. Started up the game & it was still listed as version 1000. Strange.
As far as I know, if you start Steam or RO without the -beta ro switch, then Steam will re-download the changed files and revert you back to the "official" version.

Steam had an update late yesterday. You can look at the update news within STEAM and it will give you a breif synopsis of what "fixes" or changes were included in the update.

Upvote 0