• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code [Help]Double EXP Mutator

FluX

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiserver.co.uk
Hi, I was wondering if I was able to make a "double EXP" mutator that well, will double all the stats you get. An example would be for every stalker you kill, you get given two instead.

The reason I want this as a mutator is so it wont be permanent and can be added whenever I turn the mutator on.

If this is possible, can someone give me hints on how to create this?

Cheers in advance.

Bad idea on many levels. Also, I can guarantee that TWI won't allow it.

No no... What i mean is that it works only for Marco's ServerPerks mutator.

I run servers that use a modified version of that, and a 2x exp event would be a good idea considering we have 20 levels in my server.

Also, care to list out why it is a "bad idea on many levels" ?

Upvote 0
No no... What i mean is that it works only for Marco's ServerPerks mutator.

I run servers that use a modified version of that, and a 2x exp event would be a good idea considering we have 20 levels in my server.

Also, care to list out why it is a "bad idea on many levels" ?

OOOHHH, with the server perks bit, I didn't catch that, so sorry. :( And by a bad idea, I mean everything about it (providing that it was intended for the official perks) would prevent it getting whitelisted. It's like "powerlevelling day" where people could easily get from 0-6 without learning as much as they should. It's almost an exploit mutator.

Upvote 0
I do apologise I did not explain fully what I ment. I did ment the Marco's perk system and your theory of changing the ReqScaling to 2 will DOUBLE what the requirements will need, not actually give you double. This will be used for events like you have said as it would be nice to give back my community a "thanks, here's your reward" so to speak.

Could this actually be done?

P.S. I would never think about getting a double EXP mutator for the original perk system as like you said, it'll be like an exploit to get around the levels by power-leveling. I like well balanced games and I do NOT allow any form of exploiting or cheating on my servers as it is.

Upvote 0
Have the mutator change some globally accessable variable or something. In the ServerStStats.uc file all the functions are defined that add something to the stats. Just change this to give double.

For example:

Code:
function AddMeleeDamage(int Amount)
{
    bHasChanged = true;
[B]    if (bDoubleExp)
        Amount = Amount + Amount;[/B]
    Rep.RMeleeDamageStat+=Amount;
    if( MyStatsObject!=None )
        MyStatsObject.MeleeDamageStat+=Amount;
    DelayedStatCheck();
}

Upvote 0
i would change the code to something like this

Code:
 function AddMeleeDamage(int Amount) 
{     
    bHasChanged = true;     
    if (bDoubleExp)         
[B]        Amount *= Multiplicator ;      [/B]
    Rep.RMeleeDamageStat+=Amount; 
    if( MyStatsObject!=None ) 
        MyStatsObject.MeleeDamageStat+=Amount; 
    DelayedStatCheck(); 
}
so that you can set the Multiplicator through the Webinterface
then you can triple the exp or only multiplicate it with 1.5

Upvote 0
This would work but not for every requirement. An example would be the StalkerKills requirement where you can't exactly have half a stalker kill ;)

Good idea but I guess it's easier having just one amount as going more then double is overkilling the point of leveling :p

What you mean by WebInterface by the way? First thing that pops up is the WebAdmin which I have a feeling you don't mean.

Upvote 0
This would work but not for every requirement. An example would be the StalkerKills requirement where you can't exactly have half a stalker kill ;)

Good idea but I guess it's easier having just one amount as going more then double is overkilling the point of leveling :p

What you mean by WebInterface by the way? First thing that pops up is the WebAdmin which I have a feeling you don't mean.

I'm very grief that your dislike to Russian community bothered you to look this mutator in russian forums. This thing was written ~1 year ago...

Ok. This is necropost. In 2010 year this thing wasn't written. I need to breathe fresh air...

Last edited:
Upvote 0