• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code [Help] Coding that Tracks Kill Statistics

StarArk99

Aug 25, 2012
I want to code a mutator that tracks statistics, such as Total Kills, Total Deaths, K/D Ratio, Most Used Weapon (Based on Ammo fired from it), Preferred Weapon (which wound be based on # of kills with it), Preferred Perk (Based on # of Times Selected or # of Waves Used With it, exc..

But I don't know where to start. The closest I was able to get to tracking custom statistics is a Custom Weapon Damage Type for Custom Perk Progression. I actually got my custom specimens name to appear on the tab that tracks stats in Server Perks, but every time I killed a custom specimen and checked the chart again, it stayed at 0 and never increased, and the Time Stat permanently stopped working as well.

Any idea of how I can code and/or modify this to my own likings? Because if possible, I'd like to be able to track every players stats, every player that has been on the server, and even allow players to view other players stats in comparison to their own, that way Players can get a better idea of what weapons they can use to support each other, as well as which player/s are very skilled and vice versa.

When I say "Statistics" I don't mean useless stuff, I mean interesting information that some players actually like reading as well as information that can be used to make them better at what they do best.

Yeah... No disrespect, but the reason why I keep asking the community about how to code statistics is because I want to find a way to create and code my own, instead of using someone elses mutator that tracks what they want they programmed it to track. Thanks for the link, but I'd like to be able to code my own stats and damage displayers instead of installing and using other people's muts... How will I ever expand my coding knowledge and do incredible things if I keep using other peoples muts?

Upvote 0
Yeah... No disrespect, but the reason why I keep asking the community about how to code statistics is because I want to find a way to create and code my own, instead of using someone elses mutator that tracks what they want they programmed it to track. Thanks for the link, but I'd like to be able to code my own stats and damage displayers instead of installing and using other people's muts... How will I ever expand my coding knowledge and do incredible things if I keep using other peoples muts?

You were asking for a starting point and nd2spd linked you to KFStatsX, a mutator that tracks stats. Source code is posted, read it.

If you wanted to be spoon fed answers for all your problems, you're still not going to 'expand' your coding knowledge nor do 'incredible' things.

Upvote 0
You were asking for a starting point and nd2spd linked you to KFStatsX, a mutator that tracks stats. Source code is posted, read it.

If you wanted to be spoon fed answers for all your problems, you're still not going to 'expand' your coding knowledge nor do 'incredible' things.

Well, I'm sorry; I got off to a wrong start, and thanks for the correction. I should of read more carefully instead of ranting on about something small.
Thanks

Upvote 0