• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Help! Cannot remove texture.

Ordinary soldier

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Hello! I have the following problem. I have some substracted cubes, and I want to remove texture from one of the walls so there is no texture and its transparent bullets go through and so on-just like wall does not exist.

The problem is I cant remove texture, I can only apply new ones. Please help.
I just want to make one of the cubes surfaces like it was in the beginning: without texture. :confused::confused::confused:

You wouldnt't want to remove the texture, that would create a BSP hole, or sometimes a death-on-touch brush.

What's supposed to be behind the wall?

What you want to do is create a sheet static mesh, any texture.
- Set its Advanced > bHidden to True
- Set its Collision > bBlockZeroExtentTraces to False
- Possibly set Display > bShadowCast to False

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Helllo guys its my fault I think I cannot remove the texture, BUT the problem was I was editing map made by someone else and the WORLD cube he used is set to fake backdrop, but he used some high detail vehicle texture???? And that texture is multiplied thousands of times on the world cube walls and everywhere; so I thought performance may suffer from this.

So only thing I can do is place more simple texture.
The question should be: when creating world cube that will be set to fake backdrop, why does it need a texture???
Fake backdrop makes the world cube (world room) invisible so players can see through its walls and see the skydome that is placed around the world cube??? Sorry, the question I aksed was not complete.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't really NEEED a texture on the Fakebackdrop wall. however it is nice to see where the wall is. What you can do is use a simple black texture on all walls/faces that arnt seen by the player. This will help performance.

NOTE: you can check if a wall has a fake back drop by pressing K turing skybox viewing on /off

Upvote 0
Don't really NEEED a texture on the Fakebackdrop wall. however it is nice to see where the wall is. What you can do is use a simple black texture on all walls/faces that arnt seen by the player. This will help performance.

NOTE: you can check if a wall has a fake back drop by pressing K turing skybox viewing on /off
Well this is the answer I needed! I know the thing about the K and the backrop, but I wanted a confirmation that I have to use simple texture to help performance issues.
BTW, I cannot find a simple black texture anywhere in the stock editor:D
Anyway, thanx guys for helping me. Thread can be closed/deleted.

Upvote 0