• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Helmet Deflection

I havent read the whole thread, but currently it is actually possible to get wounded at the head without death (or actually, without any effect at all :rolleyes: ). This might reflect grazing shots and possible shots your helmet protected you from - I don't want to start another discussion if its possible or not (I dont really care nor know) but I guess if the angle is really shallow the victim might be lucky. Of course helments are no kevlar vests, but under given circumstances they might protect you even from a bullet.

Upvote 0
Lol i didn't expect this thread to be so evocative (or provocative, or whateva). I thought it would have shut down ages ago, and i thought i'd made a stupid mistake only a few posts after i started the thing. But having said that, if they added it in the game, think of the cool stories you'd come up with, just like the ones you guys are debating now. Imagine that, with people like "no way my shot deflected off your helmet, damn you!." All the devs would have to do is turn the chance of it happening a teensie bit more likely than in real life. Ok maybe be quite significant ratio, but not so it would happen every 10 secs if you know what i mean.

Oh and Reznor, are you sure RO is the only game where you can rest a rifle on a dead cow? How about Abatoir World 2000? lol just joking, i made it up, can you tell??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For what its worth I watched Saving Private Ryan on the weekend. That bullet deflection you guys are talking about took place on the Omaha landing yes? Well have another close look at it. It is not a deflection, it goes right through his helmet on on the side, after he takes off his helmet he gets shot in the forehead. There are 2 holes in his helmet though, a very clear entry and exit, not a single dent like some people have thought. No where in the movie that I could see does a helmet ever deflect a bullet.

Upvote 0