• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HELLFIRE! Husks-only Mutator

Zerethon

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Ohio
Edit May 2015: With the Early access of KF2 out and the addition of the greylist, this mutator and future updates are on permanent hiatus, i'll provide support where i can if you need it.

Here it is, With help from [TW]Xienen and Crazy-Sheep

HELLFIRE! The Finished Release (download at end of post)

To play this online with several people, EVERYONE Must have the mutator installed with it Added to the .ini to avoid any potential problems with invisible husks

Otherwise, everyone BUT the host will be fighting tougher, invisible husks, shooting invisible fire at them, Due to the custom Husk used for this

Changelogs:

V1 - Basic Mutator Release, Default husks used, Not Whitelistable due to firebug Immunity

V2 - Final Candidate, Testing version, Removed firebug immunity, increased husk difficulty

V3 Final - Final Version, Reduced Husk difficulty at lower levels (Beginner husks are no longer faster-firing than suicidal, for instance) slightly buffed damage, all files are MutHellfireF and the Mutator is now "Hellfire Final" so V2 and V3 wont clash when installed at the same time (for those that want the previous v2 edition)

V3 is the "Final" version and my whitelist candidate, it fixes lower difficulty husks not advancing as often as they should and reduces their ROF to 1.30 of the base 1.25 of normal difficulty

V3 source will be submitted for whitelist approval shortly

Install directions:

1. Extract the 3 MutHellfireF Files to your Killingfloor\System directory
2. In Killingfloor.ini under engine.gameengine, at the very bottom of that section, add: ServerPackages=MutHellfireF
3. Start KF & Enjoy

Download:

Attachments

• MutHellfireF.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Farm with Husks only? A pure nightmare XD.

Yeah, right now, i've only had anyone beat it past wave 1 on beginner, obviously it'll be easier with perks enabled, but i intend to make them able to damage people equally so Firebugs cant lolfarm this for achievements/perks at 5/6

EDIT:

YouTube - Killing Floor: Hellfire

Gameplay courtesy of my friend, he has the expirimental version right now with the nastier sneakier husks (the current download is the "Safe" crashless version)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Impressive ;)

Yeah, thats more or less why i want to buff them in the mutator as well, we tested it using the perk replacer and aside from getting bounced around a bit, firebugs ARE completely immune

So now it looks like i need, overall:

1. To up the health or toughness of them somehow to stop R6 perks from having a nice easy time against them, and make lower weapons less effective

2. Change the fireball impact damage type, so the only thing firebugs avoid is the afterburn, but not the actual impact damage

3. {Anything else that crops up goes here}

If someone can tell me what i need to add to it to accomplish 1&2 you have my eternal gratitude

Upvote 0
Here it is, Ladies and gentlemen:

V2 Link Removed, see 1st post for Final Release

Changelog:

Husks now have 100 more base head and body health with this mutator running

HuskFireball now does DamTypeSlashing, which adds the stalker "Slash" graphic to the screenshake, and allows them to eat firebugs alive

HuskFireball also does 10% more impact damage now, while keeping it's afterburn effect

Tested with Perk Replacer 1008, Firebugs (Even with armor) Still take full damage from the husk shots, they however do NOT take afterburn damage, 9mm rounds and other light weapons are also less effective due to the increased health, especially on difficulties above normal

Solo, on suicidal, it IS possible to die instantly, the AI for "Packs" of Husks seems to make them try and fire simultaneously when several are within a short distance of each other

This mutator wouldnt be possible without help from:

Crazy-Sheep
[TW] Xienen

Enjoy it, i hope they give you a "Warm" welcome ;)
-Z

Edit: Install Directions are in 1st post with download

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SWEET! Nice job!

Haha, all those fire-beams flying out of the foliage makes me realize how devastating the Husk truly is. It's rare that I even give them a chance to attack me in-game, but that's mostly due to the fact that they appear one at a time.

Can't wait to get home from work and try this out. :)

Yeah, packs of husks seem to be not only more dangerous, but actually smarter, they will:

Wait and occasionally synch several shots in a circle around you (so you cant dodge)

Hold their fire until you get near something they can splash off, and do the above

"Predict" your location (i've had them shoot a door just as i came out of it for instance, they had actually fired the shots before i reached it)

And a few other little things, suicidal is just scary with this on

Upvote 0
Can't wait for this thing getting whitelisted!^^

Apologies for the delay (I made an oopsie)

Just posted it in the suggestions thread, i know Xie has a copy of the V3 final code, and in our tests on my crappy listen server, we've deemed this more than safe to whitelist

For instance, even with perk replacer on, suicidal hellfire is harder than suicidal poundamonium, because you cant afford to stop for an accurate shot, the husks punish you with directional fire from everywhere, and each hit can do upwards of 50 damage, even on solo

Beginner hellfire, is fairly simple solo for a good player, but bringing other players into the mix reduces your chances of survival by a good percentage (1 in 3 with 6 people, assuming average skill)

Ironsights are nearly worthless, because husks bounce you, slowing down to ironsight aim allows them to "Lance" you with direct hits that both bounce you and burn you, breaking your ironsights and obstructing your aim heavily (Fire effect, screen slash, etc)

it may actually be almost TOO difficult on suicidal, but thats never a bad thing, though it's funny to have people breathing sighs of relief when the patriarch wave hits after being roasted for 10 waves :p

Upvote 0
i was playing this not to long ago and beginner wave 5, 4-3 crawlers, a gorefast, and a skrake spawned, wave 7 fleshpound, sirens, and a bloat, these got more often when the waves progressed

not sure if the map was the cause of it, the map was paradise mall(the postal 2 mall

on a side note, i got to wave 10\10 before rape happend

Upvote 0
i was playing this not to long ago and beginner wave 5, 4-3 crawlers, a gorefast, and a skrake spawned, wave 7 fleshpound, sirens, and a bloat, these got more often when the waves progressed

not sure if the map was the cause of it, the map was paradise mall(the postal 2 mall

on a side note, i got to wave 10\10 before rape happend

As with any mob replacer, the game seems hard-coded to add things other than the mutators spawn on games longer than 4 waves (occasionally, even then)

Upvote 0