• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Helicopters & Pilots

Awoken

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 6, 2017
Helicopters:
Will be good if pilot has warning about AA activation. That prevent the situations when you cannot know about working AA.
Rocket must start targeting in 100m than going to 75m in 2-4 sec. That give more time to pilots to do something.
Altitude indicator (Height indicator). Maybe its my bad and i dont see that, but that information can rly help.
Did game has button to hide HUD? I want this one. Sometime pilot HUD annoying becouse you cannot see what in bottom of helicopter.
When helicopter has a critical hit (like broken steering screw) prevent spawn in that heli. or create warning to players, like ("You rly want to spawn in this?")

Pilots:
The game need some kind of "offline pilot exam" (if do now pass, go and learn how to fly in offline map) to prevent situations when in the battle pilot neven pilot something and going fly like a drunk bear all round.
When pilot going to Cobra the 80% situaions (in my opinion) pilot do not w8 for a gunner and going fly alone leaving gunner on empty helicopters spawn (if little bird already taken). Give player srceen warning to w8 a gunner pilot or give opportunity to spawn in Cobra as gunner.

Random:
I dont know why, maybe its a bug, but a pilot sometime do not see a landing mark zone (yellow mark).
UH-1 Gunners gun have a lot of bullets and dont need a reload, but ammo do not connected to ammo belt or something and just have a little box with bullets.
Why cobra gunner see how pilot using Q&E (pedals), thats ok?
Traser bullets goind when you shoot for some time, when you shoot click-w8-click-w8-click no any trasers incoming

1. You get a beep beep beep warning if the AA is locking on to you. If you are flying at a "reasonable" height, you usually have enough time to dive down and fly "under the radar". When you are too high to do that, it is a pilot mistake or "bad luck".

2. You can role kick people out of roles. Apart from that it is the job ob server admins/mods to take care of this. I suggest you go for servers that have active admins/mods online.

Upvote 0
MeFirst;n2296163 said:
1. You get a beep beep beep warning if the AA is locking on to you. If you are flying at a "reasonable" height, you usually have enough time to dive down and fly "under the radar". When you are too high to do that, it is a pilot mistake or "bad luck".

2. You can role kick people out of roles. Apart from that it is the job ob server admins/mods to take care of this. I suggest you go for servers that have active admins/mods online.

AA rocket will be no problem if:
Dont have a so low cooldown (180sec) & working time can go to 120 sec
Thats why the AA rocket rly annoy, if cooldown was ~300 sec its will be okay and i dont care about it so much in that post.

Role kick kind solve the problem, but its doesnt enogth on my opinion.

Upvote 0
Remember that RS2 is not a game that is using matchmaking. It is based on actual servers and Communities. Playing on servers with poor or no admins at all, will give you a less enjoyable experience in general. I think that the AA is fine. Otherwise it would be extremely easy to helicopters and especially the combat ones. They could fly high outside the effective range of RPG's and stationary machine guns.

Because this is not the case, they also need to need to fly lower and "better" in order not to become easy targets for RPG's, machine guns and small arms fire.

Upvote 0
MeFirst;n2296172 said:
Remember that RS2 is not a game that is using matchmaking. It is based on actual servers and Communities. Playing on servers with poor or no admins at all, will give you a less enjoyable experience in general. I think that the AA is fine. Otherwise it would be extremely easy to helicopters and especially the combat ones. They could fly high outside the effective range of RPG's and stationary machine guns.

Because this is not the case, they also need to need to fly lower and "better" in order not to become easy targets for RPG's, machine guns and small arms fire.

I understand. Anyway I glad to see other opinion about that stuff, maybe its rly was just my personal "demons" and emotions. I need to reconsider that.

Upvote 0
Awoken;n2296159 said:
Altitude indicator (Height indicator). Maybe its my bad and i dont see that, but that information can rly help.
AGL = above ground level

20170512231420_14najb.jpg

Reactions: Awoken
Upvote 0