• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Healing Grenades

TheIncredibleGrusi

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2015
At times, they bug when you throw them close/against an obstacle or you throw them near an edge. They will not work at all, even though they will release its animation.

No healing, no 50 damage/tick, nothing.

At times, they damage Zeds behind walls or doors.

Edit: Closed doors, of course. If welded, it usually does not seem to work.

Last edited:
Update 1008

Update 1008

Since I want to be sure this is not a bug: Are Healing Grenades now intended to only provide armor one time/Healing Grenade?

Because that seems like a major balance-tweak to me, almost off the charts if I have to be honest.

What you fixed though: Not gaining double-armor if you stay in the initial explosion, but you still get twice as much health as far as I can see, but that could be due to the 1st tick of the Healing Grenade and the initial explosion as well.

I hope anyone of the devs or their associates responds to this as soon as possible.

Upvote 0
Well ok...I have been reading the notes too as of Steam, but did not really get too much details out of that. Thanks for responding, I suppose this will push back the infestation of too many solo-Meds ^^,

Haha, absolutely not.
A solo med don't use his grenade for his armor, only to kill mass zeds.
The real advantage of a solo med, is being able to outrun an enraged Scrake, that's all.

They have nerfed our job : Tanking FP.
You don't tank FP on solo med, only in team, to SAVE your team.

Upvote 0
Haha, absolutely not.
A solo med don't use his grenade for his armor, only to kill mass zeds.
The real advantage of a solo med, is being able to outrun an enraged Scrake, that's all.

They have nerfed our job : Tanking FP.
You don't tank FP on solo med, only in team, to SAVE your team.

Considering that Meds can not get armor back up that easily with Healing Grenades, well...the OP-Med is gone. On Solo it was even funnier, just throw 2 Healing Grenades for a FP and use Pulverizer lolol.

Tanking stuff is a bad idea if you can not get armor back via Healing Grenade anymore (we assume you do not have much left and you are the only Medic). I rather leave that to my fellow Commandos and Sups now while healing their armor and health up.

Btw...did you, on Solo, run away from Scrakes lel? I just throw 2 Healing Grenades and unload on him so he does not bother me anymore ^.^...their health is so tiny, and a suddenly raged Scrake is never too much fun.

Either way, nerf is nerf. I have seen less people playing Med now, which is a good thing. More than 2 are not needed in any team, unless you all go AA12 spam and roam around (does not feel like an actual challenge so not doing that anymore).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The fact is, there was 2 kind of medics.
- Those who played medic because "It's so OP ! Best perk ever !" < Retard
- Those who played medic because "I'm a freaking medic, I'm healing you and tanking for you" < The proper medic

Tanking was the second job of medics, since KF1. Now, I can't.
But at least, I can play medic again, with all the "retard" medics not playing it anymore.

Upvote 0
The fact is, there was 2 kind of medics.
- Those who played medic because "It's so OP ! Best perk ever !" < Retard
- Those who played medic because "I'm a freaking medic, I'm healing you and tanking for you" < The proper medic

Tanking was the second job of medics, since KF1. Now, I can't.
But at least, I can play medic again, with all the "retard" medics not playing it anymore.

Well maybe retard is a bit much, but well I did the tanking for FPs mostly and still doing it as long as I have enough health left, just not really...convenient anymore. By the way, those "Retards" you meant are usually the Solo-Medics I have enountered all the time.

Ah...KF1 Med was also not too bad with soloing thanks to the Flare Gun, M7A3 and Schneidzekk or loadouts with Flare Gun in general.

You never knew what happens to your team if they mess up too much^^,

Either way barely Field Medics anymore. I'm just glad.

ITT: I had a Healing Grenade not working again. Nerfing is ok, but make it work properly please ^.^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had the problem again, few hours ago.
I lost 4 people because of that.

But no, "retard" is not too much. If you play medic because you're happy to show your skills at soloing an entire wave after the death of all your teammates, you're a retard.
If you're a medic, your job is to heal, not to show you genital parts and saying "lol noob, medic is OP, best perk ever, I can solo 2 FP + 3 SC ez".

The medic nade before the nerf was a tool to PROTECT and SAVE your team, not to show your fake skills.

(I don't use the word "you" for you Grusi)

Upvote 0
I had the problem again, few hours ago.
I lost 4 people because of that.

But no, "retard" is not too much. If you play medic because you're happy to show your skills at soloing an entire wave after the death of all your teammates, you're a retard.
If you're a medic, your job is to heal, not to show you genital parts and saying "lol noob, medic is OP, best perk ever, I can solo 2 FP + 3 SC ez".

The medic nade before the nerf was a tool to PROTECT and SAVE your team, not to show your fake skills.

(I don't use the word "you" for you Grusi)

Would not even matter much to me...them insults come and go anyway, but thanks that you do not refer to me lel...btw have a Guide about Medic running and clearly did not make a "Solo"-section yet. Do not want to encourage people doing that.

Medic (and Berserker) always had the capabilities trying to solo. In KF2, very unlikely to lead to success so I hope people start playing as a team at some point and start to choose a good balance of Perks.

Funny thing about that "Solo"-thing is that most of those Meds they still die at some point since they rage SCs with the Nades, leading to 3, 4 raged SCs in their back...and running away does not kill them.

Nades still work, but their capability to boost your team's tanking ability within it is limited now from small-medium Zeds. They still do damage while healing, so throwing one before 2, 3 Sirens approach together is still a good thing.

Upvote 0