• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Having trouble setting up localhost dedicated server

Gunscrusader

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 12, 2019
Hi i have recently started playing killing floor 2 and im having a blast! I have also convinced my friends to buy the game as well. The problem is, in the country i live, south africa, there are no official kf2 servers to host a match on. There are a few local servers, but none of them are hosted on normal difficulty, making it hard for me and my low level friends to enjoy the game. Also, our internet is not good enough to play on foreign official servers without heavy lag.

So i decided to try to host my own server. I followed the instruction carefully on the wiki page and was able to get the server up and running. The problem is that the server is only available on LAN and no where else. I have tried several things, such as port-forwarding, not using the default ports, turning off firewall, enabling DMZ to name a few. Alas, none of these made the server visible on the browser. My friends are also unable to connect to the server via invites, console etc. Another thing that i have noticed is that i am unable to view the localhost server admin thing on 127.0.0.1:8080 where you are usually able to view localhosted sites, so maybe something is blocking it?

Now as a disclaimer, i have always had trouble setting up a server that can be viewed by other devices, so i might have done something wrong or my laptop is blocking it. Can somebody please give me some advice as to how i should proceed? I don't know if the local servers in south africa had to arrange something special with their isp to get it online, but like i said, in the past, have had a lot of trouble getting my websites to be hosted so that other external devices can view it.