• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have Problem with HOTW install

After a couple of years I got back into the game a few days ago, got the HOTW mod awesome many thanks to the creators, but steam installed it to a different location than RO2. I have been reading thru the forums looking for any reference to this and I have not found any so far. How can I get the files installed in the same directory as RO2RS. Thanks in advance for any help.

I wonder why nobody is trying to launch the game ignoring this message without asking questions. Arent you curious to know what will be if you'll ignore that?
I never asked for this because I was curious enough what will happen next.
I'm not trying to be offensive, just a pro tip.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder why nobody is trying to launch the game ignoring this message without asking questions. Arent you curious to know what will be if you'll ignore that?
I never asked for this because I was curious enough what will happen next.
I'm not trying to be offensive, just a pro tip.:)

They don't know what to expect after they press play usually.

Not to mention error messages don't generally lie.

Upvote 0
My concern is I would have to change from the HOTW back to RS every time I wanted to play on the stock maps. With the stock RS I can not play on those HOTW maps the download never works and times out. After last night I answered my concern seems the HOTW mod allows me to play on all the stock maps so I guess it really does not matter. I have two icons on my desktop seems that the stock RS one is no longer needed.

Upvote 0