• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has this game shipped to Asia yet?

aktionman said:
And Africa? My query to a major game distributor in South Africa was sadly met with "No not this title".
I actually sat next to a distributor on the flight to LA for E3... the market is so small it has to be huge to be worth their while (apparently). Investing in order to CREATE a market obviously wasn't on the cards!

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
I actually sat next to a distributor on the flight to LA for E3... the market is so small it has to be huge to be worth their while (apparently). Investing in order to CREATE a market obviously wasn't on the cards!

And this statement is, in theory, why Steam is so good for gamers around the world. Sure, its not easy to buy over the internet, but at least you can get it and not have to have it shipped from half way round the world.

Upvote 0
$25 US dollars is about $50 here and that money is considered alot here thanks to the govt raising taxes and prices

Sigh, I guess I'll never be able to play a realistic WW2 game:( :( :(

EDIT!

Okay, so I decided to run a search on RO on a local SE (Gawd, Why didn't I think of that?)

As you can see here on the frontpage http://kalsoftmarketing.com.sg/

The price is $69.90 which is $14.90 more expensive than normally and while US and SGD runs on a 1 : 1.5 rate now, It should be about $49.90 or something

That's straight out robbery!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What the hell, I don't understand people. I couldn't be more glad about RO:OST being on Steam because I live in Mexico and it isn't easy to find new PC games around here, anyway I immediately bought it on Steam.

But we have guys all over the world trying to buy THE BOX? Okay, so your parents don't let you use their credit card... pay someone and ask him to use it then, have him watch over, an uncle, I don't know.

It has never been easier, and people still want to buy the box. My mind can't comprehend it, I hope it's only 17 year olds who have this problem, not adults.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
What the hell, I don't understand people. I couldn't be more glad about RO:OST being on Steam because I live in Mexico and it isn't easy to find new PC games around here, anyway I immediately bought it on Steam.

But we have guys all over the world trying to buy THE BOX? Okay, so your parents don't let you use their credit card... pay someone and ask him to use it then, have him watch over, an uncle, I don't know.

It has never been easier, and people still want to buy the box. My mind can't comprehend it, I hope it's only 17 year olds who have this problem, not adults.

Aye, living in a small town in Denmark, if i want to buy a boxed game i have to pay extra to get it shipped to the local PC store (he does not keep games in stock, its bad buisness with such a small client base), or travel to a larger city to find it in stock, either way its an extra cost, and its annoying, buying online i get it faster and cheaper.

Upvote 0
Aye, living in a small town in Denmark, if i want to buy a boxed game i have to pay extra to get it shipped to the local PC store (he does not keep games in stock, its bad buisness with such a small client base), or travel to a larger city to find it in stock, either way its an extra cost, and its annoying, buying online i get it faster and cheaper.
Exactly, you and me both are glad as hell for this digital distribution thing. And many others. :)

Upvote 0
Hey, another Singaporean!

Hey, another Singaporean!

Yeah, I'm also a Singaporean who's tried the RO mod before, and liked it very much (apart from the crapass AI). I've been itching to download the game, but I'm waiting not only for a demo, but for a box release over here in Singapore + Asia to increase the chances of me finding a Singaporean server.

Singapore is (NOT in China or Japan) on the other side of the Earth, almost opposite of America. This makes the ping for NA servers in Singapore a pain in the ass. For such a precise game as RO, I would prefer pings of at the most 150 ms. That won't be possible, though - judging from the server load, we're most likely going to get 250+ ms, resilient though the UE 2.5 server code may be.

Upvote 0
A Combat Medic said:
Yeah, I'm also a Singaporean who's tried the RO mod before, and liked it very much (apart from the crapass AI). I've been itching to download the game, but I'm waiting not only for a demo, but for a box release over here in Singapore + Asia to increase the chances of me finding a Singaporean server.

Singapore is (NOT in China or Japan) on the other side of the Earth, almost opposite of America. This makes the ping for NA servers in Singapore a pain in the ass. For such a precise game as RO, I would prefer pings of at the most 150 ms. That won't be possible, though - judging from the server load, we're most likely going to get 250+ ms, resilient though the UE 2.5 server code may be.
The game is quite playable with 200 ping and even if you're not in Japan or Oz, there are a few japanese servers and a few australian servers to which you'll ping around 100-150 which is quite tolerable IMO.

Upvote 0
And Africa? My query to a major game distributor in South Africa was sadly met with "No not this title".

It is finally appearing in stores in South Africa :D

Upvote 0