• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has anyone ever managed to download a map with the Workshop?

Nezzer

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Porto Alegre, RS
With a 10MB connection, I left RO2 on the main menu for half an hour downloading DieBresche and nothing happened. I didn't know how fast I was downloading or how much of it I had downloaded or if I was even downloading at all. Does the downloading function of the workshop work at the moment?

We should be able to download maps through Steam like a common game or mod. It would be much better that way IMHO. At the very least we should be able to see the download speed and progress some day.

I left my game on the main menu over night and downloaded all the custom maps available.... Though I didn't know this was what I was supposed to do until three days of not having any maps with Steam left on.

It is nice that you can get the maps in a much easier way than before, but it is difficult to determine what's going on in the background, if anything. Downloading from Steam makes more sense, but I can live with the current system I guess.

Upvote 0
MyDocs/MyGames/RO2/ROGame/CookedPC/Maps
That's better, thanks :D

Looks like it's working now and pretty fast! I think it has to do with the ambiguous packages issue. Once I deleted them, it worked.

Edit: I've managed to download Bridges, ClimbUp and StalingradKessel, but some other maps like Ogledow and DieBresche won't download. Any idea Yoshi?

Last edited:
Upvote 0