Happy Birthday to RO!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Today is the 3rd Anniversary of the launch of RO!

Roswell, GA, March 14th 2009 - here at the Tripwire offices we are really happy with the third birthday of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. We won Nvidia's "$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal" contest over 4 years ago, created the retail game and released it March 14th 2006 over Steam, followed by stores around the world. Since then, we have released weapon packs, map packs and a load of other material through Steam, all for free, with the latest just two days ago.

And here we are, 3 years on, with a celebratory sale running on Steam. Today, on our anniversary, we are still selling strongly. We are still one of the most-played games online (Gamespy stats), as well as one of the most-played third-party games on Steam.

So, we'd like to say thanks to our key business partners - Valve, of course, for Steam, and Epic for the Unreal Engine, but also distributors like 1C, Cenega and Wendros. But above all of them - our thanks to all the fans who have played the game. From those who first played Beta 1.0 of the original mod 6 years ago, to those just jumping in for the first time on the sale on Steam this weekend - you all have our thanks. Without those players and their comments and critiques, the game would not be where it is today - so THANK YOU ALL!

And for the faithful who have been waiting so long to find out what we have been up to, what we are creating next, well - the end of that wait may finally be in sight!

Reactions: Andreson

shadowwill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2007
EEEEK! a hint that we will soon find out what they have been creating ! congratulations, you should be very proud of yourselves.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
Here since beta 2.0, so much has happened since then, I'm getting nostalgic and I would have loved to be here also in the alpha era

Can't wait for the news on the new projects ^^

Last edited:

Crusher

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
Been here since 2.0 and still enjoying the game.:D TWI finally gonna announce Hello Kitty: Stalin Adventure.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
Well, thank you for your dedication.

I found the first build of RO on a CD that came with a magazine here in France years ago.
Internetzz was plugged into my telephone at the time.
Now my telephone is plugged into internetzz!

Good Game...

SgtH3nry3

FNG / Fresh Meat
I never really played RO that much, the first version I played was 1.2 on UT2003 afaik.
Since I met DraGGon2k on teh intarwebz, I bought UT2004 to play 3.3.

Always been hooked to the mod and I consider myself one of the early adaptors of Ostfront.

OH YEAH HAPPEH BIRTHDAY LOLZ

Tomcat_ha

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
i have followed RO ever since the first time i heared about it on BuF. Must be like what 6 years now? I remember hoping it would be for UT since i couldnt run ut2k3.

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
Found out about RO during 3.3 modversion through a friend who played UT2k4. A game which i could not stand, therefor never paid any attention to, or to any of it's mods, untill he mentioned RO and let me play it for a bit.
Next thing i knew i was searching like crazy for UT2k4 and downloaded the mod at home as well, never even touched UT:D

And ofcourse played Ostfront from day 1.
Congratulations Tripwire, here's to years more! (and ofcourse plenty more games! RO 2, 3, 4?:p)

Mahnsikir

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2006
Edinburgh - Scotland
Happy birthday RO, played the mod briefly back when it was on UT 2003 and i think it was on a PC Gamer UK coverdisk, then got OstFront off steam a few months after the release after moving out of University flats, getting proper internet and wanting a good MP game to play and it didnt disapoint :)

Ralfst3r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
You're welcome guys. Good time to announce RO2, don't you think?

Edit:

Since we are swinging e-penors: I've been playing since beta 1.0 and testing since beta 1.1 I think.

Last edited:

Vlad the Impaler

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 14, 2006
This has to be one of the best games I've ever played. It has also changed my standards on what I play. I wish I knew about this game before Ostfront 41-45, but anyways Happy Birthday to Red Orchestra!

Last edited:

|ULF|_Monkeyman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 5, 2006
Happy B-day Gentlemen! And thanks much for the totally awesome game!
I've been playing since it's beginnings and it just gets better and better and better! It will always be the game of games to myself!
I salute you all!
You are very talented and great Guys! :)

Thanks,

Monkeyman