• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Handgrenade leveling?

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Apparently every weapon can be leveled up except the hand grenades. Is there a special reason for this? How about a Splitterring 42 upgrade for the potatomasher? And an increased throwing distance for both nades at level 25? Something like that would be a nice add-in I suppose. Of course for those who already think that nades are still too strong and shouldn't be in the game at all this suggestion might be some sort of nightmare.
Though I believe there is some vets here that have guts and can take something like that in for a discussion.

Grenades currently are as dangerous as firecrackers.

They need to be stronger. Seriously

In urban combat grenades are very important. Now I can throw a grenade into a room and the guy is more then happy to shoot me in the face after I go in to exemine the effects of the grenade that IRL should have painted the wall with the guy's guts...

I'm sick of nerfed weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grenades currently are as dangerous as firecrackers.

They need to be stronger. Seriously

In urban combat grenades are very important. Now I can throw a grenade into a room and the guy is more then happy to shoot me in the face after I go in to exemine the effects of the grenade that IRL should have painted the wall with the guy's guts...

I'm sick of nerfed weapons.
Agreed. They may as well be useless. I've had them land less than six feet from me, and they barely even push me. They're also very inconsistent in that regard - so you'll think you're dead and nothing happens... then another lands in the same place and instagibs you and everyone else in the same area.

There is no such thing as 'grenade spam' in a realistic WWII game. If you are an assault class and not throwing 3-4 grenades into every room before you clear it, you are bad at your job... especially since it takes those 3-4 to do the job of a single grenade from Ostfront.

Upvote 0
The problem is that giving the grenades a realistic death radius would not necessarily be realistic either. In WWII, you could never be certain whether or not a certain room would have enemy soldiers in it. In a game, you know the maps inside-and-out, and where the enemy will probably at a certain point in time.

I think TWI ought to give each soldier only one grenade, but increase the fragmentation radius of all grenades.

Upvote 0
I think we should see more realistic Effects in REALISM Mode for Grenades, allowing the F1 grenade to be thrown a pretty damned short distance, where it can still kill you even when thrown the max distance capable, and the M24's being able to be thrown a hell'a'va lot further but being a Low Fragmentation device having it radius about what it is now.

Im no expert, but the German Uniform thoughout the war didnt have pouches or any carry system for the grenades (Stick Grenades), so it would be good having a increased encumbered rating making the player slower when he has the grenades, along with a lower encumberment rating for assault and them also having more grenades.

This would allow the Soviet Soldiers to hold onto their grenades allot longer, but having less use apart from dropping out window's, Over trenches and from behind cover (Booby traps would be nice)
While the Axis would take a hit in Mobility but having a General use grenade would be very useful

Upvote 0
I think we should see more realistic Effects in REALISM Mode for Grenades, allowing the F1 grenade to be thrown a pretty damned short distance, where it can still kill you even when thrown the max distance capable, and the M24's being able to be thrown a hell'a'va lot further but being a Low Fragmentation device having it radius about what it is now.
just how far do you think a russian grenade could be thrown?

Upvote 0
We, I havnt handled one but what I do know is that the Kill Radius for the F1 Grenade was more than the average throwing Radius

But yea, the German Uniform was really lacking in the whole grenade department, would be nice to be able to pick inbetween egg's and sticks though, one can dream
You are mixing the kill radius and danger area, unless you think the F1 can't be thrown any further than the AT grenades currently can... it's a defensive frag grenade, it can throw chunks of shrapnel over 100m.

Upvote 0

Average throw distance in-game of the F1 = 30 to 35 metres.
Average throw distance in-game of the M24 = 35 to 40 metres.
Which is aparantly quite accurate.

The recent patch made the blast damages of the grenades the same, but before, I beleive the F1 was slightly more powerull (Emphasis on the slightly).

As for realistic blast distances, I don't think that would be suitable, maybe a very marginal increase, but no-where near realistic amounts. And for leveling to get a larger kill-zone, I don't think that would be fun. :p

Upvote 0