• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Halve equip speed of the Fire Axe

This is an issue all three tier 2 berserker weapons share (Katana, Road Redeeemer and Fire Axe). I can't thing of a reason why that is considering hemoclobber exists which is lighter than Fire Axe and Road Redeemer while also having a self heal option, having the longest reach of any melee weapon (with the exception of Ion Thruster charged attack) and while also being strong offensively. I don't really care about the Katana or the RR as they're pretty boring, Fire Axe is unique as it's one of the 10 weapons (not counting grandes) that have innate stun power out of which 9 belong to the sharpshooter.

I'm proposing this change from the perspective of a Survivalist, i really wanted to experiment with it's stun power but by using it i'm actively gimping myself and at the end of the day crovel is a better parry tool. I originaly wanted to try it out as a budget parry tool for endless incase the boss turns out to be Matriarch as anything below 4 parry strength isn't enough to deflect the tentacle but i was unable to utilize it since i couldn't switch to it fast enough.

There are 4 weapons with extended equip time, the three weapons mentioned above and the Battle Axe (which is understandable of course). the funny thing is that even the Battle Axe is quicker to equip than the Fire Axe (0,76s vs 0.85s).

TL;DR = nerf the hemoclobber and reduce the equip speed of the Fire Axe to the average half a second.

Reactions: MrtPsr
This is an issue all three tier 2 berserker weapons share (Katana, Road Redeeemer and Fire Axe). I can't thing of a reason why that is considering hemoclobber exists which is lighter than Fire Axe and Road Redeemer while also having a self heal option, having the longest reach of any melee weapon (with the exception of Ion Thruster charged attack) and while also being strong offensively. I don't really care about the Katana or the RR as they're pretty boring, Fire Axe is unique as it's one of the 10 weapons (not counting grandes) that have innate stun power out of which 9 belong to the sharpshooter.

I'm proposing this change from the perspective of a Survivalist, i really wanted to experiment with it's stun power but by using it i'm actively gimping myself and at the end of the day crovel is a better parry tool. I originaly wanted to try it out as a budget parry tool for endless incase the boss turns out to be Matriarch as anything below 4 parry strength isn't enough to deflect the tentacle but i was unable to utilize it since i couldn't switch to it fast enough.

There are 4 weapons with extended equip time, the three weapons mentioned above and the Battle Axe (which is understandable of course). the funny thing is that even the Battle Axe is quicker to equip than the Fire Axe (0,76s vs 0.85s).

TL;DR = nerf the hemoclobber and reduce the equip speed of the Fire Axe to the average half a second.

You are totally right. One of the reason of being the berserker disproportionately OP is hemoclobber. Hemoclobber has 15 total ammo to self healing. Even if the medic has Hm-501 Grenade Rifle it can heal by yourself maximum 10 times with throwable grenade so homoclobber has theoritically better healing capacity than most of medic weapons. Therefore, it makes the berserker nearly immortal. We play suicidal and hoe most of the time and after the dying of teammates berserker carries our team single-handedly against 200+ zeds. Berserker should be defensive/wall perk in essence but the zerker can kill everything easily without any challenge. Those are the reasons of the hemoclobber's outperform/cut out all other melee weapons. I suggest that nerf as having 8 spare ammo instead of 12.

İn addition this medic also extremely OP because of the assault weapon's damage potential e.g. HRG Incision has 400 base damage per shot while the sharpshooter's Rail Gun base damage 560. İt conflicts the medic's purpose of existence, medic shouldn't be damager even if has sniper.
Zerker's and medic's passive skills and perk skills are good balanced, but weapons' damage output isn't. I mention about only base damage not the other incapacitation powers.

These reasons break the team spirit and oblige to choose at least 1 medic/zerker perks to win. While medic and berserker exist, it does not make sense to have other perks and make us think only these two can carry the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are totally right. One of the reason of being the berserker disproportionately OP is hemoclobber. Hemoclobber has 15 total ammo to self healing. Even if the medic has Hm-501 Grenade Rifle it can heal by yourself maximum 10 times with throwable grenade so homoclobber has theoritically better healing capacity than most of medic weapons. Therefore, it makes the berserker nearly immortal. We play suicidal and hoe most of the time and after the dying of teammates berserker carries our team single-handedly against 200+ zeds. Berserker should be defensive/wall perk in essence but the zerker can kill everything easily without any challenge. Those are the reasons of the hemoclobber's outperform/cut out all other melee weapons. I suggest that nerf as having 8 spare ammo instead of 12.

İn addition this medic also extremely OP because of the assault weapon's damage potential e.g. HRG Incision has 400 base damage per shot while the sharpshooter's Rail Gun base damage 560. İt conflicts the medic's purpose of existence, medic shouldn't be damager even if has sniper.
Zerker's and medic's passive skills and perk skills are good balanced, but weapons' damage output isn't. I mention about only base damage not the other incapacitation powers.

These reasons break the team spirit and oblige to choose at least 1 medic/zerker perks to win. While medic and berserker exist, it does not make sense to have other perks and make us think only these two can carry the game.
Yeah, 501 isn't event a competitor to the hemoclobber. With the 501 you need to have the one shot it has reloaded, you need to fire it, it has to land, activate and then you have to stand in it to get the benefit.

The hemoclobber is also a parry tool, the healing gas poisons zeds and heavy attack will interrupt calm fleshpound attacks which nulifies any risk and means that you can literally heal on fleshpounds. Both the clobber and 501 have the capacity to heal a total of 540 hp in the worst case scenario (6 players with 10 hp left bunch up) with one mag (1 grenade or 3 hemo heavy attacks) but 501 is a much worse offensivly, weights twice as much and has higher cost. That makes zero sense.

I suggest that the hemo shouldn't be able to heal it's user.

Reactions: MrtPsr
Upvote 0