• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

halloween content update perhaps?

StarHero-D

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
halloweens coming up the month after next prior to this post which means a update will be coming soon im guessing so maybe it can feature a new permanent content update that intergrates the already whitelisted ijc weapons pack mutator and the brute mutator and various new maps and achievements to top it all off making them a official part of the game kinda like the husk update thing thats mentioned on the steam page tbh im not a 100% sure of this thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Maybe when those mods are even half as good as the in game content, they'll be added.

Doubt that'll ever happen.

well take a look at those recent maps like suburbia or mountainpass or biohazard and hospitalhorror those are all custom user made maps that werent originally part of the game but they were popular enough they got added into the game by as defaults.so it stands to reason that those mutators listed above have a chance of being added too.all itd take is a little bit of balancing for them so they fit better without being over powered.halloween is the perfect time for a major content update sense killing floor and the original zeds were all about halloween to begin with which is why i made this suggestion.but yeah a new map inspired by bedlam would be nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well take a look at those recent maps like suburbia or mountainpass or biohazard and hospitalhorror those are all custom user made maps that werent originally part of the game but they were popular enough they got added into the game by as defaults.so it stands to reason that those mutators listed above have a chance of being added too.all itd take is a little bit of balancing for them so they fit better without being over powered.halloween is the perfect time for a major content update sense killing floor and the original zeds were all about halloween to begin with which is why i made this suggestion.but yeah a new map inspired by bedlam would be nice.

maps and muts are completely different when you talk about integrating them into the game.

That being said, I think a Bedlam themed Halloween map would be really cool, a secret facility underneath the asylum Horzine used to experiment on the patients...

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
maps and muts are completely different when you talk about integrating them into the game.

That being said, I think a Bedlam themed Halloween map would be really cool, a secret facility underneath the asylum Horzine used to experiment on the patients...

maybe a really creepy halloween themed dark graveyard map would be kinda cool personally i think twi needs to add that sniper from the mutator noted above at the very least simply because the crossbow has been nerfed so bad id rather have a high caliber sniper riffle for my main sharp shooter weapon instead of a crossbow put a round clean through the patriachs head :D the only time i would ever actually use a crossbow in a game is if im being a stealthy type person or if i have no choice in the matter for weapons selection

Last edited:
Upvote 0
halloweens coming up the month after next prior to this post which means a update will be coming soon im guessing so maybe it can feature a new permanent content update that intergrates the already whitelisted ijc weapons pack mutator and the brute mutator and various new maps and achievements to top it all off making them a official part of the game kinda like the husk update thing thats mentioned on the steam page tbh im not a 100% sure of this thoughts anyone?

maps sure, but neither the weapon pack nor the brute fit with any halloween theme, which means there really is no reason to make them official on halloween, rather than now, 2 months from now, or 2 years from now.

Also as a sidenote I and a very sizeable minority (maybe even majority) hate the brute with a fiery passion and love how it's currently only a whitelisted mut and not an official specimen being shoved down our throats. Please keep it optional TWI.

Upvote 0
Dude, you don't even know the talent those people possess, TWI has considered implenting it in game so yeah, you should try being more optimistic.

I am being optimistic. Look.

Maybe when those mods are even half as good as the in game content, they'll be added.

Doubt that'll ever happen.

Upvote 0
I am being optimistic. Look.

Yes if you meant you didn't want it to be added in. If you encounter it as wanting it to be added in, I'm pretty sure the majority of the community would agree your not being optimistic and I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want this in game:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want this in game:confused:

Pull your nose out of the modding community's arse for 5 minutes and you'll realize that the Brute and IJC weapon pack are nowhere near as good in terms of quality as any of the original specimens or weapons.

The weapon pack is OK, with the MK23 being the best it has to offer, but the Brute is just flat out terrible.

The fact that TWI even considered adding that to the game officially is just hilarious to me.

Call it subjective, but you all know I'm right.

Upvote 0
Pull your nose out of the modding community's arse for 5 minutes and you'll realize that the Brute and IJC weapon pack are nowhere near as good in terms of quality as any of the original specimens or weapons.

The weapon pack is OK, with the MK23 being the best it has to offer, but the Brute is just flat out terrible.

The fact that TWI even considered adding that to the game officially is just hilarious to me.

dont put words in other peoples mouths like you do with some private parts of your body. Some actually like the Brute, and it made allot of other mods possible because we learned more from coding it. :mad:

Upvote 0

The modding community is the reason why I'm here on these forums, I'm part of it, and you be telling me to just forget about what unites me with KF for a couple minutes? I don't see any progress aimed towards that pal.

I understand the brute and all, and to be honest I agree it does need a lot of work, but IJC's weapon pack is outstanding and yeah it could use a quality buff but for 2 modders it defintely meats up to the KF standards.

You can't really claim your right man, you see some people disagree, hence the downvotes on your other 3 comments. And so what if you are right? You just make yourself look like a dick because you take pride in disproving others of this loyal community.

Edit: I apologize if I offended you in anyway.

Upvote 0
The modding community is the reason why I'm here on these forums, I'm part of it, and you be telling me to just forget about what unites me with KF for a couple minutes? I don't see any progress aimed towards that pal.

The hell? Way too dramatic.

but IJC's weapon pack is outstanding and yeah it could use a quality buff but for 2 modders it defintely meats up to the KF standards.

No, no it doesn't. In fact, just saying that is an insult to TWI.

You can't really claim your right man, you see some people disagree, hence the downvotes on your other 3 comments. And so what if you are right? You just make yourself look like a dick because you take pride in disproving others of this loyal community.

Anyone that thinks the Brute matches up to the quality of KF is not only insulting TWI, they're also delusional.

Also, you see a LOT of people agree with me, hence the amount of servers that actually run the Brute compared to the ones that don't.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the fact that people are making these mods and they are pretty fun from time to time on those crazy modded servers. (even the Brute when combined with the portal gun, he's like a tool I can use to get exploiting fags out of their spots.)

But when people start talking about implementing this sub par stuff into the standard game officially when it's clearly not up to scratch is just annoying.

People are just desperate for something new no matter how bad it is.

Upvote 0

I'm just going to ignore that comment.

I think it's you that's dilusional, but that's your opinion.

Anyone that thinks the Brute matches up to the quality of KF is not only insulting TWI, they're also delusional.

That's not a very nice thing to say, the people who made the brute put a lot of effort and work into and to just discard it like that is just plain rude.

Also, you see a LOT of people agree with me, hence the amount of servers that actually run the Brute compared to the ones that don't.

Their not directly agreeing with you man, I think that's their preference or the fact that they're unaware of the mod and even if they were aware of it and they didn't put it up on their server, so what? It doesn't mean their agreeing with you!

Now don't get me wrong, I like the fact that people are making these mods and they are pretty fun from time to time on those crazy modded servers. (even the Brute when combined with the portal gun, he's like a tool I can use to get exploiting fags out of their spots.)
But when people start talking about implementing this sub par stuff into the standard game officially when it's clearly not up to scratch is just annoying.

I understand this completely and you know what? Maybe I agree, maybe I don't but it's not worth the effort contradicting people who have a hope because TWI isn't going to do it in the first place, right?

People are just desperate for something new no matter how bad it is.

Yeah, like the DLC packs in COD.

Responses in the green font.

Edit: Downvote all you want it doesn't change my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeah...thats why theve been so supporting of the Brute and even visited our Teamspeak while we were working on it... Your really makin an *** of yourself again and claiming TWI doesnt support the Brute. They were with us all the way.

Upvote 0