• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half-Life 2 Played With Wii Remote

Of course. Some of the Wario Ware Smooth Moves minigames have some really cool ideas behind their use of the Wiimote. Just wanted to make sure that was plainly stated so there isn't someone coming in here going 'ZOMG see the Wii sukz!'. It's perfectly fine to have that opinion (however wrong it is :p) but they should at least have a good reason for it.

Upvote 0
And added to that, he's not using the nunchuck analog controller to move the character around but doing everything with the Wiimote which would be the same thing as playing any FPS with mouse only. :rolleyes:

I've seen that done (FPS with only a mouse.) Used to have a YBBSer with only one arm. Five-button mouse FTW. He was pretty good at MOH Spearhead... could rifle-bash you to death like nothing!

That Wiimote thing looks like it'd be crap for playing games on the PC. It might be nice to use for internet browsing, though.

All console controllers are crap for FPS... Keyboard + mouse > game pad thingy.

Upvote 0
Of course. Some of the Wario Ware Smooth Moves minigames have some really cool ideas behind their use of the Wiimote. Just wanted to make sure that was plainly stated so there isn't someone coming in here going 'ZOMG see the Wii sukz!'. It's perfectly fine to have that opinion (however wrong it is :p) but they should at least have a good reason for it.​
I'm only restating what was stated in the HL2 video. When connected to PC via bluetooth, the infrared functionality on the Wiimote does not work because the software is not compatible. The person who made the video said that the Wiimote had mouse functionality as result of the accelerometers. Just look at how it's being used in the Need for Speed video, the IR isn't even pointed at the screen.

I'm not taking a position on the Wii itself because I haven't played it. However, I do find the Wii Sports concept a welcome idea(even if it does cause bodily harm from overenthusiasm).

Upvote 0