• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Half-Dead's Random Replacement Release Thread

Half-Dead

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
Seattle, WA
Another (and probably final for now) update for Modern Warfare weapons

-Added Shotgun (It's a spas due to lack of a proper model)
-Added Combat Shotgun
-Added MP5M
-Fixed sights on the 9mm
-Fixed sight angle and lighting issue (hopefully) on M4
-Updated the texture on the 9mm

Anyways i'm going to take a break from MW weapons to work on some other projects. Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:

sOULiON

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 20, 2010
thanks for this thread and all of your work, half-dead. i really enjoy the mw3 weapons for a change and also that several people work together to get the best out of this like firewarriors skinjobs and gartleys mut. just shows once more (and that's something i really like about these forums) that people can be creative just for fun and without having an attitude about it that weirdens everyone out. despite the fact that there are some waldorf and statlers on here i think most of the players are rather thankful than b-i-ew-tch-ey (who's your daddy, censorship?), they just don't express it all the time. keep up the good work (@ all the fellow modders, mappers & skinners too)! :)

thefirewarriors

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 30, 2009
Another (and probably final for now) update for Modern Warfare weapons

-Added Shotgun (It's a spas due to lack of a proper model)
-Added Combat Shotgun
-Added MP5M
-Fixed sights on the 9mm
-Fixed sight angle and lighting issue (hopefully) on M4
-Updated the texture on the 9mm

Anyways i'm going to take a break from MW weapons to work on some other projects. Stay tuned! :)
Dang. Just when I finished downloading the first one.

Oh well, downloading again.

mooarchanox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2010
I don't quite sure that, it is for me only or not,
but the m4 still has a little rotated sight and the dark when idle on certain height though ..
can anyone confirm this ?

edit: just to make it clear

M4203 idle on ground ..
Spoiler!

M4 idle on ground ..
Spoiler!

M4 idle on fence ...
Spoiler!

and here's something else that i notice ...

M4 on fence, reloading (look on the model near the hand, something shows up).
Spoiler!

M4203, the same 'thing' shows up during the firing ...
Spoiler!

I thought that these are something that should let you know :)

thanks for the replacements anyways, nice jobs ! :IS2: ;)

Last edited:

Ghost1942

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2011
I can cofirm that the M4 still has a rotated sight and lighting issues, the combat shotgun also seems to have a funny sight, but i cant pin point what it is. Other than that things seem fixed. I hope to see your new work soon and good luck. =D

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
I haven't no. Tell you what, you get the 3rd person models into a package and I'll do the rest.
Sure thing. Give me a little time as I got a busy two weeks at work (this and next) plus im also doing my G36C project.

Whoever possible, could you send me the 3ds max models so I could do it for you? I only ask to save me time doing it all myself. Cheers in advance :)

Juni0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2010
Not to be rude

Not to be rude

But the EBR screenshot is titled "M14 ERB" So as not to be a complete jerk, I tried to shop the image a bit. Granted, this would be a lot easier (and not sloppy) with the original file.

Spoiler!

Juni0r

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2010
Not to be rude

Not to be rude

But the EBR screenshot is titled "M14 ERB" So as not to be a complete jerk, I tried to shop the image a bit. Granted, this would be a lot easier (and not sloppy) with the original file.

Spoiler!

Amber Glass

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 19, 2011
hey is there any way to only use a select few skins from the pack? id love to get the original Handcannon back, but i love all the other skins, awesome job dude!

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
I fully converted his MW3 pack to work server-side with 3rd person models, custom sounds, and Static Meshes. The only problem is certain static meshes like the Bullpup and Shotgun will ALWAYS have the default texture no matter what I do

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
What you mean? You need to use a custom static mesh to do this as it's the only way to change them.
I do use a custom static mesh, but after I set the material it shows up in the KF SDK but in-game it appears as the default texture

braindead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2009
Merry Ol' England
Ah this is weird as im now having this problem with a weapon im porting over. There must be something in the weapon file doing it.
is this for the pickup file?

if so, make sure in your weapon file, it points towards your pickup class.

also, with pickup classes, it is better to extend from the original class and not a weapon class.

can one of you post you pickup class, so we can see if there is an issue?

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
is this for the pickup file?

if so, make sure in your weapon file, it points towards your pickup class.

also, with pickup classes, it is better to extend from the original class and not a weapon class.

can one of you post you pickup class, so we can see if there is an issue?
Sadly mine is just the first person model but also when I import my idle animation, it only moves the hands and not the gun...grrrrr im tempted to give up my work for this weapon lol.

braindead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2009
Merry Ol' England
Sadly mine is just the first person model but also when I import my idle animation, it only moves the hands and not the gun...grrrrr im tempted to give up my work for this weapon lol.
hmmm it sounds like your linking is a little off.

Make sure your gun is linked to the Root bone and the hands are linked to the gun.
Also, make sure everything you need is selected before exporting.

As for the texture, it may be a material no is off in the animation or, the skin is not loading with the weapon file.

Please don't give up.. :)

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
hmmm it sounds like your linking is a little off.

Make sure your gun is linked to the Root bone and the hands are linked to the gun.
Also, make sure everything you need is selected before exporting.

As for the texture, it may be a material no is off in the animation or, the skin is not loading with the weapon file.

Please don't give up.. :)
Well it works in 3ds max but not in SDK.

Sorry Half-Dead for this, shouldn't really be talking about this here.

n87

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2011
Thank you.
The new skins look really great ingame.
Could you do the pickup models too?