• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Nah he just needs to eat some more.

fatbastardscot-739250.jpg

Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0
No, ive seen many pictures of Germans, especially tankers with sideburns. Maybe, just maybe this particular soldier has been on operations for a succession of days whereby he has neglected his personal hygiene to some extent? If you where a tanker in stalingrad I doubt you would have too much free time on your hands what with all the bombing, artillery shelling, infantry scurrying around trying to blow you up e.t.c.

Sturm

Upvote 0
neglected his personal hygiene to some extent?

How is keeping sideburns / moustache a beard "neglecting hygiene"? Firstly, keeping facial hair is not "bad hygiene". Secondly, the soldier in the pic did neatly shave the rest of his face. It's just that he kept the sideburns for aesthetic reasons. I'm sure that most officers in Stalingrad didn't care about soldiers doing such things. They had more important things to worry about.

Upvote 0
I don't know if its just me, but I hope this tanker will receive a haircut by the time beta testing comes out. He definitely needs his sideburns trimmed up a bit, this isn't a 1960's-1970's World War II film ;)

Holy crap, you guys are getting to much into detail .___.

Sideburns or no sideburns, it's a game...

At least we aren't getting MW2 style models.

Upvote 0
I challenge anyone to find ww2 pics in Stalingrad of soldiers with such prominent sideburns. Something so unrealistic should not be in the game. German soldiers were trained to have excellent sideburn discipline and such a case of long sideburns would be exceedingly rare.

If long sideburns and rolled up sleeves are included they should only be unlocked to players with hero status.

Upvote 0
I challenge anyone to find ww2 pics in Stalingrad of soldiers with such prominent sideburns. Something so unrealistic should not be in the game.
This, I hope it will be taken out of the games.
Otherwise enjoy your sideburn having, recon plane flying and Mkb42 dual wielding heroes

Upvote 0
How is keeping sideburns / moustache a beard "neglecting hygiene"? Firstly, keeping facial hair is not "bad hygiene". Secondly, the soldier in the pic did neatly shave the rest of his face. It's just that he kept the sideburns for aesthetic reasons. I'm sure that most officers in Stalingrad didn't care about soldiers doing such things. They had more important things to worry about.

That isn't correct German's were very particular about the sides. Haven't you seen pictures. Crazy ridiculous hair on top, but the sides were usually "white walled". I've seen them with beards, but that really wasn't the norm most the time unless they didn't have time to shave, because they were issued shaving kits and instructed to shave. Of course yes they did have more important things to worry about, but you just don't see German's with sideburns like that, just saying.

Upvote 0
I challenge anyone to find ww2 pics in Stalingrad of soldiers with such prominent sideburns. Something so unrealistic should not be in the game. German soldiers were trained to have excellent sideburn discipline and such a case of long sideburns would be exceedingly rare.

If long sideburns and rolled up sleeves are included they should only be unlocked to players with hero status.

I agree. I want a moustagcche too.

Upvote 0