• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Haaalp, multi-language WebAdmin?

Note I am posting this in here due to it being not quite the usual modding inquiry.

Anyone willing to be a helping hand in making WebAdmin multi-language for the purpose of... complementing a game localization....? I am quite a man at work when it comes to doing things decent way, want that done, lol.

A week or so now I've been banging my head against the wall figure why part of WA won't work with anything but English despite the global HTML encoding set to a fixed language -- yep I know basic stuff enough to determine something's going on.

Regardless of anything I try, the nav-menu (Navigation menu) to the left still loads in English, god knows where from as it's been translated in the correct html files (these be in /KF2Server/KFGame/Web/ServerAdmin), obviously not to English.... The bastard still it in English, no matter what I try.

Code:
[IMG width="1007"]https://i.imgur.com/kJ47fqp.jpg[/IMG]

right-click on the image to see^^

Share exactly what you changed maybe? I'll have a look, I think it uses the localization files, isn't it?

edit: tried to modify only this file?: /KFGame/Localization/INT/WebAdmin.int

edit2: or maybe in the KFGame/Config/ the KFEngine.ini file, changing INT for another available langue in folder /KFGame/Localization (change it for FRA for example to use French language in webadmin).
[Engine.Engine]
Language=INT
but I don't think this one will work as it will require the file webadmin.xxx to be inside the lang folder (which is not in FRA)

What I wonder is what you modified to translate as you said. Please share.

edit3: also note that you must stop the server before modifying any file, then you need to restart server in order to take new modification in config and/or language file.

Final edit: best way for me would be to simply edit the whole file /KFGame/Localization/INT/WebAdmin.int (and make a backup of it locally on your computer to have it after each update). Make sure to validate your files with SteamCMD before to repair all your changes and have all files back to vanilla.

https://imgur.com/a/JzUt3V2

Last edited:
Reactions: Zakxaev68
Upvote 0
As per usual, you, sir Omano, are right. I have omitted loading the changes done to the WebAdmin.XXX before restarting the server. How stupid of me, I require forgiveness :D

Of course editing just the string file won't localize WebAdmin in full, you have to carry the translation in the html blocks in order to have the page contents too

Code:
KF2Server\KFGame\Web\ServerAdmin\*.html
&
KF2Server\KFGame\Web\ServerAdmin\*.inc

Thanks for pointing server needs to be restarted, I thought it does auto-loads changes upon saving.​

PS: Nah, don't mind the 2nd part of the comment. All operations are done inside WebAdmin.XXX, I am too darn blind sometimes. :[​

Last edited:
Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0