• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Guide] Beginner Player Guide

Why? Its a poor mans Grenade Launcher that ironically costs more than both GLs combined.

I dunno I actually find more use for the LAW than the Grenade launchers.

Mostly because I find the LAW creates less problems with smoke clouds. Regular grenade launchers don't pack the punch and blast radius required to ensure everything in the vicinity will drop. This means the smoke they create hides the survivor specimens from the rest of the team.

The LAW on the other hand (like the pipebomb) obliterates nearly everything caught in the blast, and anything that isn't dead is usually stunned and/or severely weakened.

Based on this lessened issue with the smoke screen alone I rate the LAW better than either Grenade launcher... plus its way more fun :D

But hey thats just me :)

Upvote 0
Because it is in the game.

You figured that out all by yourself?

The LAW has no purpose. So it has more damage per shot, it also has a pathetic ammo capacity. Using it against a regular mob would be a waste of ammo, using it against a tough enemy won't do as much as the M32. The only problems with the GLs smoke is when the person using has no clue *when* to use it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The LAW has no purpose. So it has more damage per shot, it also has a pathetic ammo capacity. Using it against a regular mob would be a waste of ammo, using it against a tough enemy won't do as much as the M32. The only problems with the GLs smoke is when the person using has no clue *when* to use it.

Oh I totally agree, the ammo makes the weapon unplayable with the inability to carry anything else...

That being said most of the time players can easily wipe up most mobs and it becomes more of a game of who reacts fastest. If you use the LAW as a last minute super gank when a bit to much comes out at once, it is rather useful. As I say that stun effect and the reduced issue with explosive smoke makes me find that I'm better as a demo playing the LAW than I am playing the M79 or M32... but that probably explains why I never play demo :)

Upvote 0
Oh I totally agree, the ammo makes the weapon unplayable with the inability to carry anything else...

That being said most of the time players can easily wipe up most mobs and it becomes more of a game of who reacts fastest. If you use the LAW as a last minute super gank when a bit to much comes out at once, it is rather useful. As I say that stun effect and the reduced issue with explosive smoke makes me find that I'm better as a demo playing the LAW than I am playing the M79 or M32... but that probably explains why I never play demo :)

Well its half valid. Being able to fire 1 very powerful shot on those occasions where alot of specimens come at once on Suicidal would be lovely, but unfortunately its not deadly enough and theres not really an advantage over firing a few grenades be it all M32 or 1 or 2 M32 and a quick M79. Losing Pipes just renders it even more useless since in those situations where a large push happens (and a Siren doesn't destroy the pipes) you lose 2250 damage, twice what the LAW deals.

Sure you can bring up smoke but you should really be working on the basis that if there is a large mob approaching, 3-4 grenades will kill pretty much all of it.

Upvote 0
as far as leveling up for Demo... when it says deal X amount damage with Explosives to reach the next lvl, does that mean just Nades/PB's? Or does that include Grenade Launchers, too? Seems like i've been stuck at lvl3 forever.

Yes it does. Also updated op some. Just need to add Hell on Earth when I get all the little details gathered up.

Upvote 0
What's with all the arguing about the LAW?

Sure it's not this best weapon for the first 10 waves, but it's a beast against the Patriarch. That's the time where most of the players use it along with some well placed pipe bombs to knock down the Patriarch's health.

remember that much of the debate was over the old LAW, which was pretty damn weak =/

Upvote 0
Here's an issue I'm having as a new player with some maps.

I'm getting swarmed cause I'm alone.

I'm not talking about running off from the group and getting killed, that's totally my fault. What I referring to is when I first join the game and by the time I've made it to the trader my team has already geared up and gone to a section of the map to defend. Seeing how there's no radar or "find player" feature, I'm forced to random run around the map in hopes I find them. Most of the time I don't luck out and get murdered in which I wait to re-spawn in which case I just die again.

Any tips to avoid this cycle of dying.

Upvote 0