• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guessing Game; Date & Population Guesses

I have not lost faith, I don't see why faith should be lost, granted I don't play that much but every time I do play, I get in 2fgj and there are always more than 50 humans to shoot at.

Obviously TWI can't give release dates but I say we can have some fun and play the guessing game. I see nothing wrong with a bit of hype and encouragement.

Here are my predictions, feel free to add your own:

3 months, 4 months at most for Beta to go live.

During this time, the team is hard on production.

after 2 months, 2 new tanks to be tested, perhaps even an unheard of surprise... but that's a long-shot.

So at my 3.5 month guess, new trailer on steam, good advertisement, perhaps some critics will have a review or 2 of the newly updated free content lunched... Free weekend and perhaps a special.

Should grab attention, and now that the game decently playable on a modest dual core... We should see a population increase.
Not saying we are going to hit the BF3 or COD in active numbers but a good 5 to 10 fully active servers per area (Eastern US for example)

What are your guesses ?:IS2:
I have more fun in RO2 than in any other shooter. I don't see why people won't be coming back here with refreshed advertisement and a now completed, performance updated and content refreshed game. ;)

Last edited:
Should grab attention, and now that the game decently playable on a modest dual core...

For what it's worth, at medium settings, these days the game is perfectly playable at 1920x1080 on my laptop, which is below the minimum spec:

i7-720 quad core @1.6GHz
GTX280M 1GB graphics
4GB RAM
Win 7 x64 Home Premium

By perfectly playable I mean I get consistently above 30fps and often as high as 45fps, with no stuttering.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, at medium settings, these days the game is perfectly playable at 1920x1080 on my laptop, which is below the minimum spec:

i7-720 quad core @1.6GHz
GTX280M 1GB graphics
4GB RAM
Win 7 x64 Home Premium

By perfectly playable I mean I get consistently above 30fps and often as high as 45fps, with no stuttering.

Thats below minimum specs:eek::eek:

even my desktop is ****tier than that..

Upvote 0
30 fps is NOT "perfectly playable". Get it to at least 60 fps and watch your skills get better :cool:

Try my FPS of 14'ish..... not "Perfectly Playable" but it's playable for me :cool:

..... I would guess you are more or less right. 3-4 months before it goes live, I can live with that as I’d rather the devs spent the time to get it right and not rush it.

I want this game to succeed, TWI are a good company who have made some great games.

I sure as hell hope 3-4 months isn't right.... that means 3-4 more months of the current state of the official game not changing one bit, which is 3-4 more months of people losing whatever interest they have left for RO2, which means 3-4 more months before we hear of any new content getting into the game.

I want this game to succeed as well, but this RO Classic Beta Testing is taking too long.

I thought that them working on RO Classic would be fine.... I figured it'd be a month, maybe a month and a half of testing it out before it was tossed into the game.

3-4 months more?

I hope to Jebus that's not the case, because that means it'll be at least another 3-4 more months, probably more (since I'm waiting for new content) before I get back into the game.

And by that time, I wonder if I'd even remember to come back and check to see if anything has changed.

My guess is more of a hope:

I hope that within the next 1-2 weeks, this RO Classic and this big patch that comes with it is released so we all can move on towards some new content....

By the 2nd week, we start to hear more details, as well as images of these new tanks they keep talking about, as well as some better details on what's going on with the MP Campaign.

I can live with those things being introduced into RO2 Beta within 2 months..... into the actual game by 3 to 3.5 months.

After those 2-3 months, I hope to see some new weapons getting into the game, as well as more than just one map.

I know it takes longer to get things into the UE3 Engine than the old UE2 Engine, but jeez... at this rate, by the time they finally get everything into RO2 that was originally claimed to be in it, the game will become obsolete and the next generation of FPS's will be out.

That's why I am "Hoping" for the above time line.

6 or so months to build one functioning tank for RO2?

At that rate, RO2 would be lucky to get 1/3 of the content RO1 or ROCA had.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats below minimum specs:eek::eek:

even my desktop is ****tier than that..
Graphics and RAM are ok, but CPU is a bit slower than the recommended. Fortunately the i7 can speed up cores if only a single one is in use - up to 3.2GHz, which is well above minimum spec - but in practice RO2 doesn't seem to do this and instead runs across several cores, so it doesn't get boosted as high.

Upvote 0
Graphics and RAM are ok, but CPU is a bit slower than the recommended. Fortunately the i7 can speed up cores if only a single one is in use - up to 3.2GHz, which is well above minimum spec - but in practice RO2 doesn't seem to do this and instead runs across several cores, so it doesn't get boosted as high.

My issue is my GeForce 210 Video Card.

I mentioned a month or so ago I was thinking of picking up a new card with some extra money that came my way, but then I got p*ssed off at my job and my boss and walked.... so that money had to cover bills and rent until I got another job, which of course I did..... but no new video card and thus, stuck with 14-15 fps.

Everything else in my system is apparently above recommended specs

Upvote 0
I have an i5-650, a GTX 260 OC, 6Gb's RAM and Win7 64-bits.

I run the game all maxed out at 40-50 constant FPS, which is actually great because my hardware is not really top-notch. RO is a game that needs 40+ FPS to be "playable", by which I mean for you to be able to do wel in it, otherwise it's a shutterfest.

However, it's worth investing in some medium-high end hardware to play it, maxed out the game looks beautifull. :)

Upvote 0
If it's four months (a third of a year - quite a long time) then this game probably won't recover. Realistically you're only going to bring back a very small portion of the community who have since left for various reasons (many of them quite understandable) so that long for a patch is a big risk I'd say.

I think they should release it next month at the latest... but then again I'm not a developer and I have no idea what their schedule is. What I do know is that everyone at TWI should be working flat-out on this game at present; KF is great as it is and has relatively few issues - it certainly doesn't warrant anyone working on new content (free or paid) before this game is in what we could objectively describe a healthy state.

Upvote 0

I run the game all maxed out at 40-50 constant FPS, which is actually great because my hardware is not really top-notch. RO is a game that needs 40+ FPS to be "playable", by which I mean for you to be able to do wel in it, otherwise it's a shutterfest.

However, it's worth investing in some medium-high end hardware to play it, maxed out the game looks beautifull. :)

hmm, i have the same system, but only core2duo 3ghz, and im only running the game on medium graphics. Seems that this game uses CPU far more than i tought..

but ontopic: 6 months wait for a big patch would be last nail to the coffing

Last edited:
Upvote 0

My spare pc (old upgraded dell)
Athlon X2 6000 + 2 gigs ram + Radeon 6570
15 to 30fps on a mix of low and medium.
Still very playable, it's just different... I can get used to it but at that point I will admit it could always be better... Now however most people have quads.

As for 6 month patch is final nail to coffin, I disagree.
When I say 3 to 4 months, I include 2 tanks and perhaps something we haven't herd of before + free weekend and new trailer on steam to pull people in and remind people who already bought it to give it a second go.

Upvote 0
i hope there will be a patch for the beta this or maybe next week. after that one an update for the stock game should be released (it has been quite a while now), containing the stuff that already works properly in the beta (3-4 weeks maybe?).
beyond that more beta updates which steadily pour into the stock game after being tested.
hopefully the optimization/bug hunting will calm down soon, so tripwire can shift their focus on new content.

population? i expect peak player numbers between 1500 and 2000 once classic mode goes live. may seem a bit too optimistic, but that is my guess.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey you 60+fps elitists, may I ask at what fps you guys originally played DoD, Hl/CS, Cod:UO, DN3D even older games at? Probably not higher than 40fps. I play RO2 with 20-30 fps on medium-high. If you are going to insult me for my fps you can buy me a brand new rig, until then I shall continue call you jackass elitists.

Very well said. I consider anything above 20-25 to be just fine, and 30+ excellent.

Upvote 0