• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guess the 2nd "re-imagined" map

Now that I think of it, they probably won't tell us what the 2nd map is because it IS Arad. Since they haven't announced tanks yet, they can't announce a tank map beforehand. It all makes sense now... :IS2:
Exactly. And I can see already a transition from HoS version of Arad to Spartanovka in the Multiplayer Campaign :D

Upvote 0
Not Arad please... :eek:

Considering Dr. Guppy is on the team I would say Fallen Heroes, I certainly wouldn't mind that because I like that map. Long-distance rifle fights ftw.

Stalingrad Kessel would make sense too because it's one of the most popular RO:O maps.

Krasnyi Oktyabr is a logical candidate as well, but it's not a very interesting map to have in RO:HOS imo. Certainly not with 64 players in it (too much nadespam).

As you can see, I've only picked Stalingrad maps. My guess would be they're remaking Stalingrad Kessel in Dr. Guppy style (more open and wide with lots of CQB mixed in). A Red Square map in Fallen Heroes style would be my second guess.

Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
Now that I think of it, they probably won't tell us what the 2nd map is because it IS Arad. Since they haven't announced tanks yet, they can't announce a tank map beforehand. It all makes sense now... :IS2:

Hmm, that would make a bit of sense. Could be true.

I was thinking Krasnyi or staingrad kessel myself..... but I have a feeling it could be some Arad remake instead.

Upvote 0
koitos.... >_>

What about the Spartakovka from the mod? With extra nade alleys!

Damn I miss Koitos. For a more tactical RO experience it was pretty much unbeatable. And Spartakovka was one of my favorite. The firefights at the top floor of the warehouse(?) building and the ensuing turkey shoot down to the ground are some of my favorite RO moments ever. I can see why it wouldn't be an official map but I would love to see it come back as a custom.

Upvote 0
Im going for Arad as well (though maybe an altered one focusing much more on combined arms).

The other major possibility in my opinion would be stalingrad kessel but given Ramm's comments (in ROladder interview) about not having 'random' arty in any map so far and then saying the random arty added a lot of atmosphere to kessel, it casts a bit of doubt on it. Though that doesn't mean it isn't it of course ;)

Upvote 0
Damn I miss Koitos. For a more tactical RO experience it was pretty much unbeatable. And Spartakovka was one of my favorite. The firefights at the top floor of the warehouse(?) building and the ensuing turkey shoot down to the ground are some of my favorite RO moments ever. I can see why it wouldn't be an official map but I would love to see it come back as a custom.

Considering that Koitos was the most played map of the mod and its still highly popular in its ported form among clans. I think that well see it return in the clanning world at least.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070220120826/www.rostats.net/stats/index.php?stats=maps

I really hope well see berlin and jucha return as well. Kaukasus was a lovely map but i feel that the ability to rest weaponry in ost made it too unbalanced and easy for the defenders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I sure as hell hope it's Leningrad. Or, fail that, Konigsplatz. My two favorites in RO. Leningrad especially though is ideal, it would work great for 64 players.

REALLY hope it's not Arad. **** tank maps, seriously.

I guess it'll be a little less retarded on a 64 player server... on 32 player servers you've got like 10 tanks per side at any given moment and 4 dudes running around fighting in the "town". Retarded. Not CA at all. I'm completely mystified as to why it's so popular.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
gotta remember though, i believe Ramm specified maps from RO:OST......not RO:CA ;)

pretty safe assumption mod maps are out as possibilites. although, i could still guess that some mappers will try their hardest to port/duplicate/reimagine some old RO:OST (maybe even RO:CA) for ROHOS.

btw, could we please get it into a poll, preferably one with 10-15 possible options including the correct one? (that would eliminate 10 or so maps right off the bat and make the guessing more interesting) ;)

Yoshi could you set up the poll? preeeezzzz? :)

Upvote 0