• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades

U could remove grenades for some classes, because every man didn't have grenades in that time. It's unrealistic when snipers and mgs have grenades.
I think it's going to be better if u leave grenades for Assault infantry, squad leaders, tank commanders, semi-auto riflemen and maybe riflemen. (And squad leaders should have some grenades, not only smokes)

I'm going off-topic now but if u have time can u plz make officers. (Only pistol and/or sub-machinegun and they can call little mortar fires in field)

Thank you.

SwatMat

I'm sorry for my bad english.

Grenades where issued to all German* assault infantry regardless of what other weapons they where carrying. Often more than 2 grenades where issued.
The reason we see more grenade use in RO is that the pace of battle is FAR faster than IRL and players are constantly spawning with new grenades that they have no need to keep.

And in WWII over 17 000 000 men killed. (Most of riflemen) Rifles were cheap and accurate and thats why they used those so much.

What on earth do you mean by cheep?! Production costs for the Kar98 and the Mp40 are almost identical, as are training costs. Together with a false wartime economy; cost doesn't enter into it.

Upvote 0
Well its expensive to give grenades to every riflemen. It was like couple men in squad had grenades.

You gotta be kidding me.:eek::p

Handgranades were unbelievable widely used by both sides germans and russians. Even moreso by russians.

And handgrenades are very, very cheap to produce compared to other weapons. So they actually make a good mass weapon.

Upvote 0
I'm not explosive master so i think u are right. But still figure how much grenades will cost? Over 20 000 000 ppl with grenades and more waiting for combat. (I'm not sure how much one nade will cost but IF one nade costs 20$ and 20 000 000 men is like 400 000 000$)​
You don't have to argue about it, it is a fact that there were enough grenades for all the soldiers.

Upvote 0
Then why every man didn't have sub-machineguns? I'm saying that rifles was cheap (if we compare those with stg44 and semi-autos)
And those was reliable and didn't have much problems in battle.

Range. A SMG cannot hit accurately at anywhere near the range of a rifle.

This doesn't come up in RO because most of the maps are close combat.

Grenades: they are cheap, they were common. In certain battles it was considered a good idea to throw a grenade into every room before entering. That's not a sign of an uncommon weapon.

Upvote 0
What the hell would a tank commander do with a grenade?

to drop them at infanty close to the tank, or to use them if the crew has to abandon the tank?

nearly everyone that has the possiblity to get nades before a fight would take them.
and all this wartime smgs were really cheap. even compared to simple boltaction rifles, because there where less parts in them that had to be produced precise.

another idea, maybe for a custom map:
noone spawns with nades, but there is a "nadepool" in the base, like its done with the fausts right now.
it would be possible to control the number of the nades on the map with the respawntimer of the nades.

mfg Arnold

Upvote 0
another idea, maybe for a custom map:
noone spawns with nades, but there is a "nadepool" in the base, like its done with the fausts right now.
it would be possible to control the number of the nades on the map with the respawntimer of the nades.

I considered that, but it has 2 problems. Firstly some may see it as unfair if one person takes 2 nades, but they are left with none and secondly it will interrupt the flow of play a little and add complexity.

Upvote 0
Hi fellows :)

I do agree with the thread older on this one... Specielly now when servers can bost up bigger player slots...

Think it fellows from another perspective of every map theatre and view. From a game perspective as sportsman view too...

Today we ask in the game after officer to drop smoke grenade on the left flank or asking for artillery on this and that spot ... even snipers are needed on some places that as an importent role on some cruzial maps... Heck even HMG as that too... and players begging for some fire support on wide area's to stop the heavly strong assault.

It would been great to see diffrent group classes in RO to emerge... as they do all the time and is that today as well....

I would been glad ingame to ask for help or give a friendly fellow instructions to some assult class friends.. to attack that house or heavy sandbag/Trancers.. area with there grenades, Artillery will be in support betwin your attack and enemies reforcment spawn.... the rifle squad in reserve, will be with right behind?

I mean nothing super duper millitery? Or silly orders needs to be added... Just some friendly calm nice idea, plans in the game.. and i believe assault class would hade a nice role to take out strong hold with there Grenades and chatclecharges... Ohh sorry.. forgot allready.. You see we need enginners to open some places on some maps dont we?

Do everyone have Chatchle charges? No we dont... And i feel good with that.. to ask a friend/enginner to open something for us.. or ask to blow that tank etc etc.... On some maps or custom maps that are popular...

We have noticed that some only have AT but no grenades.. others have grenades and others dont have that... And i havent seen any shocking crying sadness due to that... perhaps a msg? Huh how come i dont have any nadas other have that? Because u use a diff role, It's build like that, it's custom map.... Anyway mostly we quickly get the fellings.. why the mapper made those decions when he/she relesed the map to us RO players :)

Right pardon my english.. and my explinations in up side down view?... it's 6 on the morning over here... nite everyone.

Upvote 0
U could remove grenades for some classes, because every man didn't have grenades in that time. It's unrealistic when snipers and mgs have grenades.

I think it's going to be better if u leave grenades for Assault infantry, squad leaders, tank commanders, semi-auto riflemen and maybe riflemen.​

Problem with this is, that in WW2, there were more Grenades than rifles and soldiers put together. On the Eastern front, both the Germans and The Russians supplied grenades to all classes of soldiers. Snipers, riflemen, MG's, everyone. Even the highest Marshals of the Red Army gave direct orders to MILLIONS of soldiers to throw grenades into every room and around every corner before advancing. I think in game, we don't have nearly as many grenades as should be historically correct. The developers have already toned down the number to satisfy the fairness nuts at the expense of historical realism. If it were realistic, we'd all have more than 2, and a soldier following us with boxes more of the nades handy.

Upvote 0
I'm not explosive master so i think u are right. But still figure how much grenades will cost? Over 20 000 000 ppl with grenades and more waiting for combat. (I'm not sure how much one nade will cost but IF one nade costs 20$ and 20 000 000 men is like 400 000 000$)
Handgrenade's were more like a 50 cents back then.

They were unbelievably cheap, I even though that lots of Russian conscripts were armed with only grenades.

Upvote 0