• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades should be louder and/or stronger?

Grenades should be louder and/or stronger?

• Just louder

Votes: 81 57.0%
  • Just stronger

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Louder and stronger

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • There are perfect like they are now

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
What do you mean by stronger? These are fragmentation grenades after all...you're not expecting fireballs are you?

I do think shrapnel from fragmentation needs to travel father though...those lil pieces of metal take a while to slow down...there needs to be more non-mortal wounding (requiring bandaging) from being close to a grenade.

My thoughts..if you are suppressed by a grenade then there is probably a 50-50 chance you are close enough to get hit with a piece of shrapnel>>none of this screen just going gray and getting blown back a few inches...

Upvote 0
They're fine as they are now. I die from them plenty so they don't need to be stronger. As for being louder.... they're not fireworks that make loud bangs, they're grenades desgined to kill. Sure they're loud and make a bang, but the bang they currently make is just fine for me.

If you made them anymore powerful, we'd be right back in the early mod days where entire teams would be wiped out from 2-3 hand nukes.... which everybody had at least two.... thus nade spam was introduced into RO for the first time.

Considering how gibbed you end up when one explodes beside you or even a couple of feet away, I'd say they're strong enough.

And I hear them go off pretty good

Last edited:
Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
The Russian grenades are fragmentation grenades. Perhaps the pieces should travel farther but they are designed to do damage with schrapnel. The German grenade is designed to have as little fragmentation as possible, instead relying on explosive overpressure to kill, especially effective in small spaces, trenches rooms etc.

I am not sure if the grenades are modelled differently in game, but the Russian grenade seems not to have enough killing power over enough distance. Out doors, the German grenade was far less effective but the Russian should be able to cover about 15 metres with flying pieces of it's shell.

Upvote 0
The Russian grenades are fragmentation grenades. Perhaps the pieces should travel farther but they are designed to do damage with schrapnel. The German grenade is designed to have as little fragmentation as possible, instead relying on explosive overpressure to kill, especially effective in small spaces, trenches rooms etc.

I am not sure if the grenades are modelled differently in game, but the Russian grenade seems not to have enough killing power over enough distance. Out doors, the German grenade was far less effective but the Russian should be able to cover about 15 metres with flying pieces of it's shell.

This guy is correct...I just looked it up I was wrong...German stick grenades killed by way of blast effect...not fragmentation

Now that I am aware of this...I tend to believe the grenades are modeled identically in game...I've only played 15hrs though can't quite tell...

I stand by my statement that the Russian grenades (which are fragmentation grenades) need to have far-flung shrapnel pieces though (which they certainly do not have in game)

Upvote 0
For sure they have to be much louder, sometimes I can't hear grenade I just tossed 15 meters away. And I have a feeling they also should be more leathal, they should have some sort of shrapnel mechanic, like few virtual pistol shots in random directions spawned at explosion point. Voted louder and stronger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0