• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade sounds

Calumhm

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Plymouth, England
I am a big fan of RO2, even as member of the RO:OST demographic that is apparently so hard to please. However one of my first disappointments in RO2 was volume, most notably, the grenades.

The grenades are never significantly loud, and too quickly become inaudible with range and occlusion. Louder grenades! I want to be scared by these things!

Anyone agree? - Maybe it's something for a mutator, but I'd like it to be official:IS2:

It could have something to do with the general lack of 50% of all soundbits (missing voice actors, death throes screams, footsteps, echo on guns etc) that has been missing since the release.

But then again, I think I remember the nade problem even existed in beta, and if you just turned a corner you wouldn't hear the thing exploding at all.

Upvote 0
I am a big fan of RO2, even as member of the RO:OST demographic that is apparently so hard to please. However one of my first disappointments in RO2 was volume, most notably, the grenades.

The grenades are never significantly loud, and too quickly become inaudible with range and occlusion. Louder grenades! I want to be scared by these things!

Anyone agree? - Maybe it's something for a mutator, but I'd like it to be official:IS2:
Agree entirely. Outside you can hear a nade go off as far away as 5km with the correct wind direction. Nades going off inside a structure can still be heard outside as far away as 1km. In RO2 you can't even hear a nade go off in the next room or just beyond a very slight rise in the ground.

Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0