• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Greatest Classic Maps?

Also, there was a custom map that was in the works where there was a bridge over a very steep canyon where the German's spawned in the tunnel and had to rush to the bridge or go right, down into the canyon. Soviets were on the opposite side defending. Some really serious infantry action went on for quite some time.

Thats "Amush OST"...occasionaly gets played on german servers.

Upvote 0
Berlin, MoscowHighway, Warsaw, Volkhov River, Jucha(FTW), Sevastopol(*BOOM* *Scared ****less*) Kalinin(The first RO map that had hover tanks;) also this map shows that RO can have destructible houses [its all a conspiracy]), Kharkov (the best urban tank combat map that RO ever had imo, plus a lot of PTRD owning) also Iron Annie had the best atmosphere of any RO map I have ever played plus it had paratroopers.:D

Upvote 0
I can't believe no one mentioned Danzig...that one hardly ever gets played anymore...if only there were some servers that were always populated and had that map playing 24/7...that would be awesome.

pardon me? I take it your joking

The reason why Danzig isnt played that often these days is the fact that there were/still are too many servers that ran/run this map 27/7. Ever heard of Ranzig-Danzig?

Its a good map but when it was included in one of the updates, people played this map to death. It proved once again that the masses are dull and lacking foresight, for it was obvious that people will get tired of it eventually....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pardon me? I take it your joking

The reason why Danzig isnt played that often these days is the fact that there were/still are too many servers that ran/run this map 27/7. Ever heard of Ranzig-Danzig?

Its a good map but when it was included in one of the updates, people played this map to death. It proved once again that the masses are dull and lacking foresight, for it was obvious that people will get tired of it eventually....

it doesn't take a genious to know that he was being sarcastic

Upvote 0
Gorlitz was my favorite map, i was really bummed that it was phased out. Some of the battles i had on that map were insane and extremely fun. Kriegstadt is a good replacement, but i've never had as much fun as i've had on Gorlitz with a good team.

I also like Zhitomir, both of em, and Krivio Rhog or however its spelt, though i wouldnt consider those to be classic as such, but good maps

Last edited:
Upvote 0