• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Great Game!!!

lazza.JPG

Hello Dave

Best post evar.

Upvote 0
Its odd, but I've learned the majority of a game's players never join the forums. Its a tiny fraction if RO's numbers are anything to go by.

Its like that for all games, most people are apparently not into the whole forum thing, and will often only join if they have technical problems with the game they cannot fix, or other specific reasons along thouse lines.

I guess foruming just doesen't hold that much appeal to most people, i have freinds who play RO for instance, but none of them come here, they just don't see the point in doing so, i guess forums are a niche thing basically.

And hello Dave, there's beer in the fridge, and the nuts are all over the place.. help yourself ;)

Upvote 0
Ordinarily I'd never join a game's forums either. I only tend to do it for upcoming mods that I'm interested in and even then, usually only to increase my chances of getting into a beta.

RO is a rare exception to the rule where I joined the boards because I loved the game so much and actually wanted to discuss it and report bugs, etc. Then when the game went retail, I could hardly not sign up to the new boards. It was part of my daily ritual to check them by that stage.

Of course, after what, 3 or 4 years of posting, I can hardly stop now. Same goes for the next game. Having learned from experience how much interaction and feedback we get from TW, I'd be mad not to jump on the boards for the next game when they're inevitably launched (whenever that will eventually be).

Upvote 0
We're kinda like bears with cloaking machines. We may not bite...but we're always there:cool:

hahahha, and to what Psycho_Chicken said, the same thing went for me, I never liked this whole "forum" thingy but I started playing, way back in 2000 on this server that was hosted in my city (Vancouver, Canada) in Counter-Strike and I got so into the community that I started posting on their forums, than I eventually migrated the Counter-Strike forum, than eventually to other games, now I'm probably a regular poster on about 5-8 different boards, for different games, and also, for sports in my city, so now for me, it's not just a gaming thing, it's just an easy way to talk to a community of people, without having to tell thousands of people one by one, you just make a thread, and let whomever read it willingly.

Woot for forums?

Upvote 0
Despite being a huge gamer not only on PC but also my 360 I keep on coming back to RO, it has everything I want in a game. Nothing comes close in terms of the atmoshpere and gameplay.

Being active on forums I would say is generally a different breed of gamer..it's people who feel so passionately (or dispassionately!) about something they want to get involved in debates, argue their points and get involved with the community, in any way they can, from modding, clans, tournaments, events or mindless lunacy!

I've always done this with games i care about, I join their official forums, and try to get involved, the community matters to me and it also helps you see how dedicated the developer is, if they can keep their community informed (learning that from IWs failings with CoD2s release!)...

The RO forum is the only one i'm still posting on 2 years later however. :)

Upvote 0
Great Game!!!

I should have posted a long time ago....great responce to my first post!! I do
recognize quite a few of you, some more than others....always a great battle with some of you on the servers, and or team work, I really never get bored with RO. As for the RO forms, always a interesting read, a reflection of the game itself....lively and full of charactors. Cheers for the responce to my post and see you soon on the battlefield.

Upvote 0