• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] Graphical issues

Panzergrim

May 31, 2011
Canada
I just bought Red Orchestra 41-45 and I can run it with full settings no problem but as I was playing multiplayer I noticed that I couldn't see tanks turrets until I was almost right beside them, and characters were running around not holding any weapon. While I can still play the game alright it just subtracts a bit from the experience. (oh and I was having problems downloading it off of steam, it would stop downloading and stay at 0 bytes so I had to restart steam multiple times, although steam said everything was verified and was no fragmentation.) Also when I join a game it won't let me join a team right away and it will say nobody is playing in the match. If I pick a side it doesn't show me any of the classes and if I click continue it says all these classes are full. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone can give you some help. Perhaps post full system specs, you using Dx 9 or....? Perhaps post a screenshot of your graphics settings? While you are waiting check through the FAQs, "known issues", etc, the game should run fine, it does for most of us, and it's a great game, hope to see you on the battlefield soon. TWB*SlowBull

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My system shouldn't be the problem (I can run Empire total war, Dawn of war 2, Black ops(only reason I had it was because of the free weekend) on just below ultra) also I'm not totaly sure what my specs are (call me a noob if you want but my PC works). I just really hope that I don't have to reinstall it because of how much trouble it gave me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hopefully someone can give you some help. Perhaps post full system specs, you using Dx 9 or....? Perhaps post a screenshot of your graphics settings? While you are waiting check through the FAQs, "known issues", etc, the game should run fine, it does for most of us, and it's a great game, hope to see you on the battlefield soon. TWB*SlowBull
Would you by any chance know how to roll back the drivers for this game because I heard that that's the way to fix this problem.

Upvote 0
Try what Major Day recommended first and if that doesnt solve the problem then you could do what is called 'verifying the game cache' and the way you do that is to -

1. Start up Steam.

2. Near the top of the main window you will see Store, Library, News, Community. Click on Library so it will display all of your games.

3. Then find Red Orchestra in your game list and right click it.

4. A menu will pop up that starts with Play Game... and ends with Properties. Click Properties.

5. A small window will then pop up and it will have 4 tabs across the top. They are - General, Updates, Local Files, and Language. Click Local Files.

6. On the resulting tab you will have 4 choices. They are - Backup Game Files, Delete Local Game Files, Verify Integrity Of Game Cache, Defragment Cache Files. Click on Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.

7. It will take a minute or so.. and if there are any files that don't match the ones they are validated against, it will download those files and replace them.

If that doesnt solve your problem, you could always just uninstall the game and give it a fresh install... I've actually experienced that 'no tank turret' graphical glitch before, but it went away on it's own. I never did anything to the game or my system and it went away. The only occasional graphical glitch I get nowadays is a rare 'no MG-34/blast shield' when I'm manning the gun in a halftrack.. but I actually kind of like that cause then I can see the enemies really well :p

Upvote 0
Well when I joined a server with just me in it it took a second before I could see the tank turrets but I was able to. I joined another server (ping around 50) and I couldn't see the tank turrets or half track turrets until I got really close, nobody was carrying any weapons, and when I went to man a halftracks turret it was invisible, I could see the half track just not the turret. I verifyed my game and steam said everything was fine I am going to turndown my settings to higher instead of highest. Also I heard that you have to roll back drivers for this game to fix this problem but I don't know how :confused:. If you know how to roll back the drivers I would greatly appreciate you telling me how.

Upvote 0
Yes but how would I do that?
I all of the sudden have a new problem, I changed some of the graphic's settings and now when I open the game it says theres a

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:...m\steamapps\common\redorchestra\System\RedOrchestra.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more info.

I then uninstalled the game and re-installed it but it is giving me the same message. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! From what I played I like the game but it's giving me so many problems :(.

Upvote 0
I just got a new error message
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2527 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
General protection fault!
History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

It said I have No Video, how do I change that? Please help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0