• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Grand Theft Auto V

Car modding back in?

Drool.

ME GUSTA. Also the apparent release date is as early as jan 15 2012. ( As cited by a german gamestop website ).
They would not be releasing that soon on a game that was just revealed. Game retailers put up artificial release dates all the time to drum up pre-order sales and Gamestop is notorious for doing this the most.

Upvote 0
They would not be releasing that soon on a game that was just revealed. Game retailers put up artificial release dates all the time to drum up pre-order sales and Gamestop is notorious for doing this the most.

I was considering adding to my earlier post that the release date of HOS as an example was all over the map so that was the earliest speculated date and not one I was going to put money on.. ;)

Still, wouldent mind though?

Hmm this makes me wonder, how long have previous GTA's been to release after the first trailer came out?

edit:

Original Gta 4 trailer added to youtube Mar 19 2007, Game released on consoles April 29 2008. Pretty much a year later.

Who knows, hopefully they push it out a bit sooner than that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-03-rockstar-confirms-gta5-los-santos-setting

Rockstar has confirmed Grand Theft Auto 5 will be set in GTA: San Andreas' Los Santos, surrounding hills, countryside and beaches, a present day, fictional version of Los Angeles.

It will be the largest Grand Theft Auto game yet, Rockstar has said.

Rockstar mentions the game takes place in GTA's version of "Southern California", although there's no mention of whether GTA5 will also feature San Andreas' other cities as well.
Los Santos was only one part of San Andreas' huge map. The cities of San Fierro (San Francsico) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) were also included.

"Grand Theft Auto 5 is another radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe," Rockstar founder Sam Houser has said. "We are incredibly excited to share our new vision with our fans."

The game's storyline will focus on the "pursuit of the almighty dollar" and will take the series' trademark open-world mission-based gameplay in a "bold new direction".

Online multiplayer has also been confirmed as returning, although there's still no word on release platforms or launch date.

I wonder what they mean by "largest". Map size? Freedom? Story? Amount of achievements you can earn? :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's some comments from the supposed R* employee who's been leaking info on 4chan:

Spoiler!

Take this with a huge grain of salt tho.

Upvote 0
This guy is either a professional troll or a real R* employee. The info he gave before the trailer came out pretty much matched with what the trailer shows.
I believe the info that was release on Friday was reliable. But this... this is more doubtful, mainly due to the fact that it's much easier to make stuff up now, since the trailer is out.

My guess is it's just some random guy riding on the coattail of the original leaker. But there's always a chance it's true, I guess.

Upvote 0
After waiting a few years after the release of GTA IV and finally putting around 20 hours into it....

I'm unable to get excited about this as its currently being presented. I mean, it's a great open world simulation they've come to now, so immersive at times I felt like I was watching HEAT instead of playing a video game.

But I'm not the kind of obsessively play a movie-like experience time and again. There was so little to really sink your teeth into in GTA IV other than the mini-games and people's side quests....I quit long before I even finished. I got a nice suit for Niko and and an assault rifle and was like "Welp, I've reached the top of the mountain!"

Compared to GTA:SA where I put.....maybe 250 hours into the game before I was done, GTA:SA was a playground. GTA IV was a simulation.

If they keep down the path started down by GTA IV, it's going to be another few years before I decide to touch GTA V. If they're reincorporating all the stuff that made GTA:SA so playable for so long....they might see my money sooner. For as open and realistic as GTA IV was....I found it so much harder to honestly dick around and have fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This was posted on my forums, and would be AMAZING if it holds true:

Forgot to say their last 2 games (Red Dead, L.A Noire) where released in May 17/18, that's where i got the "May" from :)

Usually I don't take much value from the random Youtube comments but:

Pause the video at 0:54. The "Postal car" has the number "2405" written on it. After he leaves, "2405" can be seen at the curb.

The music used in the trailer, "Nut Ogdens 'Gone Flake", was released at 24-05-1968 (24 of may of 1968)

The producer of GTA V, Rockstar North, is based in Scotland; We read the dates like DD/MM/YYYY.

Conclusion: GTA V will be released at May, 24. 2012.

Change the 2012 to 2013 and I think he's right.

Upvote 0
Here's some more rumors from an unreliable source:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=490646&st=1200&#entry1060829454

Funny thing is, several gaming websites have been copy/pasting this and putting it out there as if it came from a reliable source. Anything goes to generate views I guess.

Not saying that this can't be true, it very well might, but without any proof, it's rather meaningless.

Upvote 0
http://www.gtav.net/

Article when you scroll down:

"

Key Points from Take-Two Financial Report

Posted by Kirsty at 02:00. Category: General
Take-Two Interactive today revealed their first quarter earnings for fiscal year 2012. Of course, Grand Theft Auto V was not announced, but some interesting points for their future were raised and questioned.
Statements included that they have some unannounced titles for release during the next fiscal year that we will hear about in the "coming months". A particular statement, repeated from the last financial report, was that they expect to exceed a net income of $2 per share in fiscal year 2013 (April 2012 - March 2013).
Following the report, during a Q&A session, an attendee questioned how they expect to reach such a maximum without a GTA release that year. Strauss Zelnick, CEO of T2, evaded the question and diverted his answer to titles they have already announced for release that year such as BioShock Infinite and Borderlands 2.
To put these numbers in perspective, the last time T2 did reach such an income is during the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, in which they recorded $2.08 per share. In comparison, income reached $1.06 per share during the release of Red Dead Redemption and is projected to reach up to $0.35 for the current fiscal year, where LA Noire and Duke Nukem Forever have been their main new titles.
It is safe to say that the statement by T2 encourages shareholders to expect something big, or at least a high earner, during fiscal 2013. While we are not all accountants, the numbers are clear for us to draw out some speculation about a release date, and 2012-2013 has always been plausible amongst the community.

"

Seems to make sense and agree with all projections here and my earlier speculations that the game is max 1 year after the first trailer.

Just to add to what I had earlier

Time between trailer to release

Gta 4 ~ 13 Months ( later on PC )

Gta SA ~ 1 Month (later on PC)

Gta VC ~2 Months ( later on PC )

Gta 3 ~ 1 Month

Actually now that I've gone and looked it up for earlier releases, Im hoping R* trends towards their earlier timing rather than expanding upon GTA 4's delay. Given this is their second GTA on this engine one would think they would have streamlined the process further than the original and might finish it quicker...

Who knows, till an actual date comes out its just pie in da sky.

Upvote 0