• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Grand Theft Auto V

Same here, the last mission. Long and annoying foot section jump into the chopper and the controls were odd. Completely different controls from any other previous chopper in the game. Failed the mission twice and there was no way I was going to replay through the long foot section for a third time so it was uninstalled :p
Haha yea
After trying 3 times with the chopper I just thought: meh
Then surfed to youtube and watched the ending there.

Upvote 0
Which mission was that? I can't recall having problems with any of the missions.

No offense, but the fact that you can't wrap your head around the controls is not the fault of the game.

Yeah well I tried pretty much every button, looked online, didn't see anything so I assumed I was supposed to reach my destination and then somehow land fully by winging it. That was part of the problem. I had to dive up and down to move forward, and when I got to the destination it told me to land in a specific spot. I couldn't even come close to being able to land on the spot...and I saw ZERO in game indications of how to use the chopper.

Upvote 0
Yeah well I tried pretty much every button, looked online, didn't see anything so I assumed I was supposed to reach my destination and then somehow land fully by winging it. That was part of the problem. I had to dive up and down to move forward, and when I got to the destination it told me to land in a specific spot. I couldn't even come close to being able to land on the spot...and I saw ZERO in game indications of how to use the chopper.
Isn't this what games are supposed to be about? You know, practicing, trying something a couple of times until you get the hang of it, etc. Why didn't you just practice flying the chopper for a bit and then try the mission again?

Not trying to be a dick, but seems like you require a bit too much hand holding.

Of course a game should not make you fight with the controls, but figuring out how to fly a chopper in GTA IV was not that difficult.

And I'm not saying the controls in GTA IV were perfect. Of course not. But I had no problems driving and flying or using the cover system and head shotting baddies one after the other.

Upvote 0
Here's the leaked info that was posted on 4chan last Friday. Didn't want to link it before the trailer was out, since I wanted to see if it fits at least some of the leaked info, which it did.

Some major spoilers ahead tho, so view at your own risk.

Spoiler!

Edit:
Also, did you guys notice the outdoor gym @0:33? Training your character back in the game?

Edit 2:
Here's a thought. Two protagonists. One is the Hispanic guy mentioned in the leaks, another is Tommy, seen @0:33 and @0:46.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Didn't see Tommy in the trailer although the voice over could be Ray Liotta.
He was the man in what looked to be a suit. The camera was looking over his shoulder and you see the side of his face.

Given the time that's passed between Vice City and (I'm assuming this takes place within 2011/2012) it does look like an older Tommy. I really hope it is.

Upvote 0