• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Grand Theft Auto V

As far as minigames go GTA IV had a couple though. Bowling, darts... All the stuff Roman puts you through on a regular basis, lol.

I wasn't really interested in the minigames in GTA IV, in GTA SA auto tuning isn't as much a minigame as it's more a feature to enhance your open world experience (running over people and getting chased by cops). Gambling was there to earn (or lose) alot of money which in use you could use to buy houses or just use it as a highscore. There was bowling, darts and other minigames in GTA SA mostly when you date a girl but you had the choice to kill her. There were also more fun things to drive (planes, jet's, tanks). GTA IV had nothing like that, when you finished the story you basically had finished the game. Multiplayer was clumsy too, GTA SA MP (third party mod) did it better but with more lag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excited for this. I hope it's more like SA though, i liked all of the stuff you could do on the side when you got bored of the main story. GTA 4 didn't have enough stuff like that.

correction, the stuff it did have was annoying *cough* buddies *cough*.

I enjoyed the occasional trucking mission and a lot of the other side stuff in gta SA.

Upvote 0
It wouldn't have really bothered me if it had made sense, but basically all the social interaction came down to this:

Roman (thinking to himself): "Hmm... I wonder if Niko wants to go out drinking. I guess he's kinda busy with all the **** he's got on his plate. Nah, **** it, still gonna give him a call."

Roman: "Hey Niko, wanna go to the pub?"

Niko: "Kinda busy at the moment Roman, you know, trying to get back at the guy who kidnapped you and wants us both dead."

Roman: "Ok, another time then."

Roman (thinking to himself): "Niko's so stuck up, never has time for me. I guess he thinks he's too good for me. I don't think I'm gonna be friends with him anymore."

That's why I let him die :D

Upvote 0
This smells... weird. Are Rockstar Games going out big?

I mean, we've recently had GTA IV. And NOW GTA V? That's a completely new chapter! I expected something like gta: [insert city] and not gta 5. :eek:

This is indeed very intresting! I hope GTA V will be a lot more in line with San Andreas than IV.
Going from GTA III to IV took 7 years, going from GTA IV to V will take about half that (presuming it'll come out next year). Tho admittedly, both VC and SA were actually separate games (tho on the same engine), the TLaD and TBoGT were more like DLC content than actual new games.

Upvote 0
I though that GTA SA was too unfocused, and I thought GTA IV was the better game for restricting it a bit. Not a better sandbox, mind you, but a better game.

I just hope they finally manage to get the shooting controls right. If there's one thing that plagues GTA (and Red Dead Redenption, for that matter) is that no matter the platform, Rockstar's shooting always is awkward for me, resulting in me having to fight the controls as much as I have to fight the enemies. Now GTA IV and RDR certainly did improve on that, but it's still not ideal.

I have to say - this is probably the reason why I stopped playing GTA IV. I also couldn't get past the helicopter mission for the U.L. Paper faction...it wasn't telling me the effing controls for how to move forward...but I remember I was on a random rampage, fighting against the controls against the cops and realized...I hate this game. The mechanics are very awkward.

Upvote 0
That entire overly social BS did not add anything to GTA 4.

It added plenty, such as annoyance, frustration, tedium, seething rage and resentment at the game and it's charecters. It was the tops! I've never had a more concise and obvious reason to hate a game than this feature, and i considder it the pinnacle of game breaking fluff, what all game breaking fluff should aspire to become, so thumbs up! :)

Upvote 0
It added plenty, such as annoyance, frustration, tedium, seething rage and resentment at the game and it's charecters. It was the tops! I've never had a more concise and obvious reason to hate a game than this feature, and i considder it the pinnacle of game breaking fluff, what all game breaking fluff should aspire to become, so thumbs up! :)
Pretty obvious you were going to post something like this, as you hate everything on this planet

Upvote 0
I have to say - this is probably the reason why I stopped playing GTA IV. I also couldn't get past the helicopter mission for the U.L. Paper faction...it wasn't telling me the effing controls for how to move forward...but I remember I was on a random rampage, fighting against the controls against the cops and realized...I hate this game. The mechanics are very awkward.
Which mission was that? I can't recall having problems with any of the missions.

No offense, but the fact that you can't wrap your head around the controls is not the fault of the game.

Upvote 0
Which mission was that? I can't recall having problems with any of the missions.

No offense, but the fact that you can't wrap your head around the controls is not the fault of the game.

The helo controls in that game are ***, no two ways about it. Mostly because the moment you stop puttin in input it snaps back to level, which is great if you have a controller, but **** if you have a KB. So you have to methodically tap the controls to make the helo maintain any angle between the maximum and none at all.

Upvote 0
The helo controls in that game are ***, no two ways about it. Mostly because the moment you stop puttin in input it snaps back to level, which is great if you have a controller, but **** if you have a KB. So you have to methodically tap the controls to make the helo maintain any angle between the maximum and none at all.

That's the reason why I didn't finish GTA4 !!!
One of the last missions was long on foot, finally get to the chopper, take off... (I always took off awkwardly) Lose your target, fail... RESTART from the start...

I hate choppers in GTA4

Nice to see GTA5 is on it's way...
I recently purchased all GTA games off steam for 12$ and now playing Tony's gay ballad as some Latino.
... Could be better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The auto-centering makes it easier for most people though. Vice City had it too, though the helis controlled better there, imo.

You could use a joystick though, couldn't you? I'm not sure. I haven't tried it. I know the old GTA games didn't support analog inputs on the PC for whatever reason, which made driving with a steering wheel impossible.:mad: GTA IV should at least come with 360 controller support though, so using a joystick should be possible.

Upvote 0
That's the reason why I didn't finish GTA4 !!!
One of the last missions was long on foot, finally get to the chopper, take off... (I always took off awkwardly) Lose your target, fail... RESTART from the start...

Same here, the last mission. Long and annoying foot section jump into the chopper and the controls were odd. Completely different controls from any other previous chopper in the game. Failed the mission twice and there was no way I was going to replay through the long foot section for a third time so it was uninstalled :p

Upvote 0
It's not a flight sim, but the controls are good enough imo, even with a keyboard.

I don't remember having to do any tapping and I had no trouble flying accurately, doing things like killing peds with the blades, ramming police choppers out of the sky, etc.

Upvote 0