• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

Mate, you got a PC monitor or a TV that is capable of rendering 1080p? Then it's a no-brainer, get a PS3!

I'm blown away by the awesomness of it. Gran Turismo Prologue on my Dell 27" PC monitor @ 1920*1080 looks just like a PC game :eek:

Needs to be said that I'm a BIG race games fan and that I got an expensive as hell USB Logitech G25 racing wheel that only works on the PS3 (not the 360) and that GT5 Prologue is a PS3 exclusive. Not to mention, I also have an ATRAC Sony mp3 player that wouldn't work on the 360 and finally that I had a PS2 before and that I loved it. Oh and I hate Microsoft fascist policy aka everything you want to use on our 360 needs to be a Microsoft product since the normal format won't work.

So, yeah, get a PS3 if you fit the criteria. You won't be disappointed. Was definitely the best purchase I made this year.
Until you don't get that exclusive 360 downloadable content for GTAIV. ;)

Upvote 0
Until you don't get that exclusive 360 downloadable content for GTAIV. ;)
Truth be told, I couldn't pass on GT5 Prologue and GT5 on the PS3 just for the 360 DLC. I'm more hyped about GT5 than I am about GTA IV, incredible for the GTA fiend that I am :eek:.

Also, When I got GTA San Andreas, it took me 16 months before being bored and finishing discovering new stuff so I'm pretty confident the stock game will be more than enough on its own. Especially since it's a totally new GTA. :)

Upvote 0
Truth be told, I couldn't pass on GT5 Prologue and GT5 on the PS3 just for the 360 DLC. I'm more hyped about GT5 than I am about GTA IV, incredible for the GTA fiend that I am :eek:.

Also, When I got GTA San Andreas, it took me 16 months before being bored and finishing discovering new stuff so I'm pretty confident the stock game will be more than enough on its own. Especially since it's a totally new GTA. :)

Besides, they can still put new stuff in through patches.

Upvote 0
The PS3 version won. It has less issues than the 360 one.

So, in conclusion, **** microsoft marketing schemes and money doing for their best in order to set up smoking mirrors and fooling people.

For anybody that followed GTA IV closely for the past months, like I did, the 360 version promotion was outrageous and finally the truth has come on the fore front.

Amen.

Upvote 0
The PS3 version won. It has less issues than the 360 one.

So, in conclusion, **** microsoft marketing schemes and money doing for their best in order to set up smoking mirrors and fooling people.

For anybody that followed GTA IV closely for the past months, like I did, the 360 version promotion was outrageous and finally the truth has come on the fore front.

Amen.

Honestly the review said that the 360 issues aren't game stopping and it was Rockstar that worked on the game not MS. I can't see where they've fooled anyone in anything.

I'm getting it for the 360 cause of the future DLC that's gonna be exclusive to the 360 version.

Upvote 0
I can't see where they've fooled anyone in anything.
How many PS3 commercials have you seen on paper or on TV? How many previews (and there was a ****load of them) of the PS3 version have you read? Almost none compared to the 360 coverage. That's from where I draw the line and I been following everything related to GTA IV very closely, trust me.

Upvote 0
It's funny how you're attempting to make an issue out of oh, nothing.
The PS3 version was left for dead man with all kinds of crazy rumors like it caused the 2008 delay, like it was a 360 port, etc... So, since I had to choose between buying a 360 and a PS3, it (the 360 coverage and pushing) made me feel like the 360 version was the most solid one.

Turns out it's not.

Upvote 0
The PS3 version was left for dead man with all kinds of crazy rumors like it caused the 2008 delay, like it was a 360 port, etc... So, since I had to choose between buying a 360 and a PS3, it (the 360 coverage and pushing) made me feel like the 360 version was the most solid one.

Turns out it's not.
Why? Because it has an extra second less of loading between areas? Because you're worried about having a few extra peds on screen while you're wizzing by them, too busy to actually care?

Wow. That's shallow.

The 360 version performs at a near identical rate to the PS3 version. Hell, you even get the benefit of additional content later that the PS3 won't have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0