• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

Typical. Government has no role in telling people what they can and cannot enjoy in their lives as long as it does not infringe upon others safety or others rights to do the same. Call me a libertarian.

Regardless of the BS he's spewing, no one can argue that this game should be rated Adults Only. How they got it an MA rating is something of a miracle if you ask me.

Anyway, going out to wait in the line of sweaty nerds to get my copy at midnight. See ya later. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
toonw.gif

Upvote 0
That said though the camera controls when driving can suck my balls, the camera doesn't lock to your vehicle when turning, so you pull a handbrake turn and the camera stupidly remains looking side on at your car as it slides along throughout the turn and only returns to behind the vehicle when you start driving straight again. It may look cool but it basically means you're turning completely blind once you pull a big slide, you can manually swing the camera as you turn but it's really freakin difficult.

Its amazing that after all this time, they still havent included some kind of "look to apex" system, its not rocket science..

Upvote 0
Exploits 101

If you lure the cops into a shootout at your apartment then retreat inside and just up the stairwell and shoot the door open you can slaughter them in the stair well en masse as they come through. Then cunningly slink off and save the game to lose your wanted level, now go back downstairs and collect the bounty of pistol and shotgun ammo then save again.

:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
LMAO this is from the Xbox 360 version which has severe pop-in issues. :D I'm soooo happy I got a PS3. :cool:
There aren't severe popin issues, sorry to burst your bubble. It's been speculated that video that the clip above came from was from a pirated copy. There's been a ton of issues with those going about.

Not to say there isn't any popin, but nothing that severe, and both consoles do suffer from it.

Also, the social club is now live. Go make sure your PSN or Live gamertags are associated with your Social Club account! http://socialclub.rockstargames.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bit pissed off here, pre-ordered mine from play.com back in the beginning of march. Last Thursday the order status changed to posted (no confirmation email though, but I've had that happen before) and I half expected it to arrive early. Got home from work today and it's still not here, checked my emails and I'd received a postage confirmation and the website's posted date had changed to today. It's bad enough it not turning up on time but saying that it's been posted when it hasn't is just deception, they probably did it to stop people cancelling their orders (looking at a few other forums it seems that quite a few play customers didn't get it).

What's more one of my friends pre-ordered his from play last tuesday and it turned up fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There aren't severe popin issues, sorry to burst your bubble. It's been speculated that video that the clip above came from was from a pirated copy. There's been a ton of issues with those going about.

Not to say there isn't any popin, but nothing that severe, and both consoles do suffer from it.

Also, the social club is now live. Go make sure your PSN or Live gamertags are associated with your Social Club account! http://socialclub.rockstargames.com
Didn't mean to come in as a fanboy. :eek:

But I have to say that on my PS3 I saw no pop-in whatsoever and I messed around a lot already like getting 6 stars or high-speed pursuit with the cops and well, no pop-in on the PS3.

Upvote 0
I'd probably go nuts if I heard they would be making a PC version in the future. Of course, I don't expect them to, and that's not a bad thing either. GTA is and always has been a console game right?

Of course, I could have said the same thing about Unreal Tournament always being a PC game. Now it seems they even threw that to the wolves!

Upvote 0
There is some pop-in issues in the 360 version but nothing serious that I've experienced yet. for that small thing it's not enough for me to regret having a 360 :p

...and to Sir Hoppum I too preordered it from Play.com and it said it was posted on the 24th. Then, it changed yesterday to saying it was only just posted, so rather than wait I went and picked up a copy from Toys R Us and I'll send back the one I ordered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0