• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Grain Silo B5

Doksta

Nov 18, 2007
Qld
B5 is now updated,n ready,
lots of minor fixes
some work on thw lighting in areas
some retexturing again
removed some S/M buildings /replaced with others
moved allies rear spawn more to the bulk head of the silo
fixed the problem with germans shooting into allies rear spawn
fixed the rubbish paper sitting high on top floor
adjusted german 2nd spawn slightly
adjusted squad leader from 2-1
added some cosmetic stuff
worked on better fps

snapMN01-1.jpg

German_pows_stalingrad_1943.jpg

dwn link>http://www.mediafire.com/?xzjydh0c0dg

Last edited:
Just to let you know, this map is actually becoming one of my favorite maps. You've done one hell of a job on it. I haven't played b5 yet but as far as b3 and b4 are concerned I thought it was incredible. I'm glad you opened up all the windows as well in the silo by removing the pipe, that was a good addition.

If I would do anything to it I would allow people to actually get out onto the silo's themselves by crawling through say a hole in the wall where maybe a shell had blasted through, just so it wouldn't be real easy for someone to follow but don't have it in the zone or anything. I'd love to see a person get shot up there and have them fall off, that would be pretty cool...:D:D:D

Upvote 0
Just to let you know, this map is actually becoming one of my favorite maps. You've done one hell of a job on it. I haven't played b5 yet but as far as b3 and b4 are concerned I thought it was incredible. I'm glad you opened up all the windows as well in the silo by removing the pipe, that was a good addition.

If I would do anything to it I would allow people to actually get out onto the silo's themselves by crawling through say a hole in the wall where maybe a shell had blasted through, just so it wouldn't be real easy for someone to follow but don't have it in the zone or anything. I'd love to see a person get shot up there and have them fall off, that would be pretty cool...:D:D:D

yeah i think its worked out better opening up the top floor more,
As for opening up any side wall to get out to the edge, i wont do that,

yes you could get some funny shots falling,But there mught be som idiot who might go and try it for real:eek: and find out they dont respawn lol...

Im going to wait a bit now until i put it to final as i need game play and feedback as to what i might need to fix or do.I am also looking at my next map,it'll be a street fight possibly

Upvote 0
You should do another Stalingrad map something like the Barrikady Gun Factory, which as a hole would be way to big an area but you could do a section of it like the housing settlement or fuel silos or even some of the work halls and warehouses.

I knew scanning this maps would come in useful one day ;) if the idea interests you I can provide more maps and photos

img056.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well played it tonight with about 35 people, and the Pubs all loved the map. We played three rounds, and Axis won twice, allies once. Really a great map.

Only problem I had was the broken staircase on the left side of the silo it looks as though you can get over the broken staircase, but several people got stuck there, and had to commit suicide to continue playing. Other than that brilliant. I am still dying to try it with a Stug, but considering the Axis success tonight I am afraid:)

Upvote 0
Well played it tonight with about 35 people, and the Pubs all loved the map. We played three rounds, and Axis won twice, allies once. Really a great map.

Only problem I had was the broken staircase on the left side of the silo it looks as though you can get over the broken staircase, but several people got stuck there, and had to commit suicide to continue playing. Other than that brilliant. I am still dying to try it with a Stug, but considering the Axis success tonight I am afraid:)
can you give me a screeny as to where the problem is with the stairs plz.PM me plz

Upvote 0
Stalingrad Grain elevator / hope these photos help!

Stalingrad Grain elevator / hope these photos help!

Hope these photos help!

(1.) Grain elevator 1 year before the battle!
ge-001.JPG

(2.) Grain elevator on September 17, 1942.
ge-002a.JPG

(3.) The 92nd Naval Infantry Brigade deployment area around the Grain elevator on September 20, 1942 (TsAMO) Grain elevator marked in red.
ge-002b.jpg

(4.) Grain elevator on the day of the 6th Army surrender.
ge-003a.JPG

(5.) Grain elevator post battle. (1943)
ge-003b.JPG

(6.) Grain elevator 2007
ge-004.JPG

ge-005.JPG

ge-006.JPG

Russ

CA-STLNGRD-s11.jpg

www.fireonthevolga.com

Upvote 0