• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Grain Silo B4

Doksta

Nov 18, 2007
Qld
Hi ppl,ive been hard at it to get this update to where i want it,There is still plenty that could be done.
Ok the fixes are
all ammo resupplys are now working,
refixed silo
some small tears
worked some lighting areas
============================
updates
increased last cap volume, top floor end generator room are now 1 cap point
slowed down last cap point
opened all window in top floor of silo
added S/M items on top floor and gen room for game play and atmosphere
retextured some buildings

snapMN06-1.jpg

map d/l> http://www.mediafire.com/?mmh5dn4dlng

Last edited:
thats great to hear, im hoping GA will have it on soon,
your 1 step ahead of me and some other atm, as ive worked on it but havent got to even have a decent game as yet...lol.
b5 is happin atm, im doing cosmectic fixes ie:wood tex sounding like steel,
this ais a labour of enjoyment for me, im simply working to better the map now.
im thinking hard on a version with tanks for axis and anti tank weapons for allies and some random arty for fun.

Upvote 0
That sounds cool I think that you should add the StuG III Ausf. E for the Germans and an anti-tank rifle and satchels for the russians. As for random arty you should leave it out it is far from fun!

Ernst

That is an excellent idea. No random arty... The Germans don't need any more obstacles getting to the silo:) A Stug would be a nice addition for Infantry support. Stug would be the only way to go though with the map layout.. A PZIV would decimate the Russians in the open. I like one sapper, and one AT Rifle.

The map is brilliant, and if you want to join us the server is the 50pc server, IP 69.28.220.10, usually after 10pm eastern time. We do map voting, so let us know your on and it will get played.

Keep up the excellent work.

Upvote 0
I don't know about the sapper. Satchels are kind of borked, and people end up using them as massive anti-infantry nukes anyway. Better to have two PTRDs, for lack of better anti-tank capabilities. Keep satchels away.

When I first wrote what I wrote I had keeping the stachels out. You might be right here. I could see them being used just as you said with the Germans headed up the stairs on the silo. Could get a little ugly.

Upvote 0
That sounds cool I think that you should add the StuG III Ausf. E for the Germans and an anti-tank rifle and satchels for the russians. As for random arty you should leave it out it is far from fun!

Ernst

i nevr thought about putting a stug 3 in, sound ok .
i wont put satchels in, anti tank rifle yes, random arty would only be very spars like around silo area maybe if i did it,still doesnt really even need to go in,ill think more on that 1...

Upvote 0
That is an excellent idea. No random arty... The Germans don't need any more obstacles getting to the silo:) A Stug would be a nice addition for Infantry support. Stug would be the only way to go though with the map layout.. A PZIV would decimate the Russians in the open. I like one sapper, and one AT Rifle.

The map is brilliant, and if you want to join us the server is the 50pc server, IP 69.28.220.10, usually after 10pm eastern time. We do map voting, so let us know your on and it will get played.

Keep up the excellent work.

decimate
> i agree, dont want that!

p3> may be that way mowing em down to much loss to kwik

thanks for the heads up with your sever ill be there and will give a yell when in.......cheers

Upvote 0
Please don't add a tank. It would swing the balance too far towards Germans.

One thing to look at is all the paper lying on the floor in the grain silo. It is not level with the floor so your character will move up/down while moving through those areas. I think you could scale back the amount of debris on the floor back without impacting atmosphere or try to get them level with the floor.

Upvote 0
Please don't add a tank. It would swing the balance too far towards Germans.

One thing to look at is all the paper lying on the floor in the grain silo. It is not level with the floor so your character will move up/down while moving through those areas. I think you could scale back the amount of debris on the floor back without impacting atmosphere or try to get them level with the floor.

# if i put a tank in or add tanks, it'll be in another version sometime later,like GS/w-tanks,release not this 1, so ppl can choose which one they want to play..

# yeah found the paper thing prob the other night thanks, i also seen some other minor things and im fixing them.

Upvote 0
just wondering, is there any way you could make this into a CC map with the Naval Infantry models defending it, as the defenders where the men of the 92nd naval infantry brigade. as for a stug, how about the new one, the assault version which you can ride and fire smoke?

That is the Stug B right? Good idea, as smoke on that map is pretty important. I still like the idea of a Stug on this map.

Upvote 0
just wondering, is there any way you could make this into a CC map with the Naval Infantry models defending it, as the defenders where the men of the 92nd naval infantry brigade. as for a stug, how about the new one, the assault version which you can ride and fire smoke?

i guess you might be able to do the conversion,somthing im not looking at atm,
As for the stug ! ill get to it at a later date

Upvote 0