• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Got a favourite yet?

Got a favourite yet?

• Total voters
Here's a reason: It has 5x better DPS than the shotgun.
Hopefully if you won't need another reason.
Now, if you need a reason to pick it over the Hunting shotgun, that's a little different.

images

*Cue mexican music*

Upvote 0
I like em all really. I might actually play firebug now, I'll just use the claymore as a replacement axe, combat shotgun I'll probably only use when I'm playing for fun and not my usual hs + aa12 combo. I would use the m4 over the ak at most occasions and I agree with what jester previously stated about the mp5 and mp7.

Upvote 0
My two favorite weapons would have to be the mp5 and combat shotty. The combat shotty is a nice alternative loadout to my usual hunting shotty + regular shotty, and this one has a flashlight as well, making it even more awesome. The mp5 allows me to defend myself alot better as the medic when I accidentally get cut off from the rest of the group. I've killed scrakes with the mp5 on normal difficulty with no help from my teammates. Its just a really nice weapon, all around. Definatly one of my favorite weapons.

Upvote 0
Here's a reason: It has 5x better DPS than the shotgun.
Hopefully if you won't need another reason.
Now, if you need a reason to pick it over the Hunting shotgun, that's a little different.
I'm not getting how the faster fire rate is worth 5x the cost and 2 less shells.

For 1500 more, you could just buy the aa12 anyways. Or just buy a hunting shotgun and deal twice the damage of either shotgun in one burst.

Upvote 0
I've played with the M4 the most out of the lot. It's a nicely balanced alternate tier 2, which is great for expanding commando's options throughout the entire game. It has a neat new feature, firing the second round of a full auto burst instantly after the first, (see respective thread) so that also brings something new to the table. But I've got one gripe; and that's the sound in full auto. The bang noises don't seem to correlate to the individual shots at all, which isn't very intuitive.

I haven't given them all a proper chance yet, though, I can't fairly call a favorite yet. The combat shotgun and husk gun may be major contenders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Loving the M4+M203 as a supplement to the M32 and Pipe Bombs. :D

The Claymore makes a very satisfying "voosh" type of sound as you swing it, so I can just imagine the weight behind the attack. I would be interested the see how it's alt-fire attack compares to the Fire Axe's as far as raw numbers are concerned.

All of the new weapons are fun to use, but those two stand out the most for me.

Thank you, Tripwire! :IS2:

Upvote 0