• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Got a favourite yet?

Got a favourite yet?

• Total voters
I can't figure out the shotgun. It's nice, but is it worth such a hefty price tag compared to the regular shotgun? No pump between shots usually means I'm less accurate (The delay gives me time to reaim) and it holds 2 less shells then the regular shotgun at maximum.

Is that massive price tag worth it? I'm struggling with reasons to pick it over the regular shotgun, really.

I've been thinking the same myself, the only reason to buy it is because your short the extra ~450 to get an aa12. The regular pump just feels more effective.

Everything else feels pretty good, I was surprised yesterday when the husk gun stunned a scrake on hard mode. Twas a moment like when Indiana jones shot through ~5 people with the walther p38 then looked at the gun with that "WTF, this thing is awesome face.."

Upvote 0
On cramped maps I still bring the axe and katana as zerker, but on more open maps I prefer the claymore with either an M32 or M79 with lever action. The katana swing comes out faster and it swings faster so it's still a necessity if you want to break out of encirclement. The claymore doesn't even do much more damage if you factor in the swing speed, it's just convenient for reliably decapitating sirens, the reach, and the fact you can carry more gun(s).

The other new weapons look cool (especially the revolver) but I can't really see myself using them over the existing choices. Maybe combat shotgun with M79 and AA-12 if I'm rich, but that's pretty much it.

Upvote 0
Husk Canon is my favorite by far. Love the thing to death, powerful enough to kill a gorefast one shot (1 ammo) on 6 man suicidal. It is my favorite weapon in the entire game as of yesterday.

The M4 and the M4 with GLA are also amazing, love them to death. No longer feel like im going to use the M79 or the AK47... But for good reason, the replacements are amazing and feel great to use.

The Claymore, Revolver and the MP5 and guns that I believe will also take on more roles when I am the suitable perks, but not as much as the 3 previously mentioned weapons.

The Combat Shotgun so far is the gun I probably will get very little p[lay time with, just doesn't match my Support style, Hunting Shotty, AA12 and Katana lvl 6 Support is brutal, can't beat it in my opinion.

But loving the update! Amazing work guys. :D

On a side note, I saw that the arms of the different characters have been fixed. That one almost slipped by... Sneaky sneaky Tripwire... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0