• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Got a favourite yet?

Got a favourite yet?

• Total voters
Husk Launcher, Revolver, M4 + M203, M4 and suprisingly the Benelli shotgun are all weapons I like. They are all really well balanced far as first impressions go.

Mp5, as an individual weapon I like, but coupled with the Mp7M makes the Medic in my mind too easy to spam heals with. Love the gun, but I think that issue needs to be addressed.

Claymore. To me it seems the Claymore is to Axe as Katana is to Machete. Its got a further reach that both the Axe and Katana, it hits hardest of the lot, and its swing speed is faster than the axe too. Its reach is actually so far, you can hit the Fleshpound and get away before the Fleshpound can even swing at you, let alone hit you.

I dunno maybe the Zerkers will like the Claymore, but personally I think a large number of tweaks are gonna be needed to make it fair.

That aside though, loving the update, awesome stuff tripwire ;)

Upvote 0
The look and feel to the M4 just blew me away. A very satisfying way of getting headshots and it just generally feels like a much improved version of the Bullpup. While the AK is great for spamming short bursts at that horde of incoming Crawlers the M4 acts as a glorified Bullpup.

Not too sure about the grenade launcher version yet. Felt okay running around as Claymore + M4 GL Zerker but I'm not really sure if it will make me drop my Katana + M79 loadout anytime soon

Upvote 0
:d

:d

I just tried the husk gun and it was hilarious and awesome, reminded me alot of Doom's BFG, and acts like it too. It stuns husks and scrakes on a full charge and kills all the smaller specimens around it leaving it stunned and alone. Very practical and handy when supported and acts much like a faster lighter damaging LAW with more ammo. alternatively you can tap it or so some semi charges which take little ammo allow to be spread out more for quicker situations, with the choice of charge it can be useful in any situation I think. I love it alot. Thanks for the christmas gift tripwire :D

Upvote 0
OMG I am in love with the MP5. Its sexy, its got an amazing reload, it heals people, and in conjunction with the MP7 it can spam healing darts. It has a good clear sight, and it made me get back into medic.

Although, the revolvers, and M4s are pretty awesome as well. I havn't tried the other weapons.

(Having lots of connection issues.)

Good stuff! It helps that I've always loved the Heckler and Koch family of weapons in video games.

Upvote 0
Claymore is lighter, more powerful, AND faster than fire axe, at least looking at the shop stats. Fire axe will be obsolete in higher difficulties, it seems.

Husk cannon...really fun to use, not sure if it beats flamethrower. The pros and cons of the two are very clear cut, which I like.

Off-topic: husk cannon doesn't seem to burn you unperked. Include it in the to-be-fixed list, please.

Also, lvl6 firebug now gets a flamethrower! :D

Upvote 0
Hands down the shotgun.
The Husk Launcher is fun and all, but the flamethrower is still more effective in general.

I wouldnt say that. My ammo though more expensive, lasted longer and was able to do more damage by able to burn the same amount of smaller specimens while still able to give a wallop to the bigger ones at the same time (throw 2-4 grenades and fire a fully charged blast and watch it all blow in a fireball made me laugh hard and loud). Shared with the mac and a revolver, it was pretty damn good.

Oh and it did not blind other players like mad as the flamethrower did when using it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't figure out the shotgun. It's nice, but is it worth such a hefty price tag compared to the regular shotgun? No pump between shots usually means I'm less accurate (The delay gives me time to reaim) and it holds 2 less shells then the regular shotgun at maximum.

Is that massive price tag worth it? I'm struggling with reasons to pick it over the regular shotgun, really.

Upvote 0