• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gore level

boilerrat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 22, 2010
How much gore can a game really have?

For realism sake I wouldn't mind seeing things like:

-Legs blown off by grenades but still able to crawl on your belly
-Tank crewmen hit by penetrating shots should explode into a bloody mess all over everyone else, screens splattered with blood and your ear drums blown.
-Head shots from rifles making large exit wounds
-Flame throwers melting skin
-Arms being shot off when hitting a joint
-Trails and puddles of blood coming from dead players and those with wounds.

This fighting was just brutal, and I want it to be displayed that way.

Last edited:

-Tank crewmen hit by penetrating shots should explode into a bloody mess all over everyone else, screens splattered with blood and your ear drums blown.

We allready can get are legs blown off i dont know about the crawling part pretty sure u would be dead.the tank crew thing a bit much. number three i think that would be good.four still don't know if theres flame throwers.five arms getting shot off by anti tank weapons possible but by a normal rifle not sure.six maybe:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

you need a much better understanding of how the body works to be able to talk about gore. for example, "arms being shot off when hit in the joint" doesn't help your credibility. and people don't "explode" when getting hit by penetrating shots. and not sure what you mean by leg blown off, but still crawling on belly. do you want this to be a prolonged death animation or player action? because if it's the latter, i don't see much point in this. he's effectively out of action and incapaciated in that condition and should either respawn or go into spectator mode.

Upvote 0

Why would the screen be splattered with blood? That only happens in movies when fake blood gets on the camera lens. RO tries to make you feel more like you're in war, not a war movie. If someone "explodes" near you, you don't get blood splatters in your eye that would be small enough to look like movie type splatter, plus you would blink.

Flame throwers aren't in for the initial release, but we may see it come later along with Molotovs. That said, I would think skin would burn off, and not melt.

Upvote 0
I want more of this :D
16305158-3.jpg

First time I saw actual gore in a game.

Upvote 0

Arms don't come off when you shoot the joint save for under sustained fire/hit by an extremley large caliber bullet (I.E 14.5mm)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys have never seen the rag doll bodies from explosions? Or the red mist when the body is evaporated from a direct artillery hit in RO? I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in these forums even plays RO.....

<sarcasm> Yes! And can we get the nightmares that come from seeing the your best friend eviscerated from sharpnel? I want to be able to hold his hand and tell him he's OK as I ease his bowels back into his abdominal cavity. And I really want to watch my comrades face disappear from ricochet that catches him in the nose. I want to be bothered by the gore and carnage for years after. Yes, fun times and definitely needed to keep the game "real". </sarcasm>

RE: The Spoiler below.
This is war and carnage.This is gore. If you can't stomach the real thing, don't look!!!
Would this be enough to satisfy the gore mongers?
Spoiler!

RO1 had a nice balance. Bloody but not overpowering... When is enough enough?

Oh, and btw. There is at least one thread covering gore already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
You can see that in the trailer. Limbs come off it seems. I don't know about them being blown apart completely.
And that's exactly what I already disliked in OST. Limbs get blown off but the rest of the body is perfectly fine and the uniform still as good as new. Doesn't feel realistic imo. Of course the descriptions in the OP are totally over-the-top, but more detail would be nice and feel more realistic.

Upvote 0
And that's exactly what I already disliked in OST. Limbs get blown off but the rest of the body is perfectly fine and the uniform still as good as new. Doesn't feel realistic imo. Of course the descriptions in the OP are totally over-the-top, but more detail would be nice and feel more realistic.

Uhm, I don't think that was artillery you were looking at. Whenever someone is killed by a grenade or any other explosion in Red Orchestra: Ostfront, the resulting corpse is usually missing limbs and is always covered in blood, mud, and dirt decals, and usually has an eye or two missing.

Upvote 0
Uhm, I don't think that was artillery you were looking at. Whenever someone is killed by a grenade or any other explosion in Red Orchestra: Ostfront, the resulting corpse is usually missing limbs and is always covered in blood, mud, and dirt decals, and usually has an eye or two missing.

Maybe he has the censored version?

Upvote 0
You guys have never seen the rag doll bodies from explosions? Or the red mist when the body is evaporated from a direct artillery hit in RO? I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in these forums even plays RO.....

<sarcasm> Yes! And can we get the nightmares that come from seeing the your best friend eviscerated from sharpnel? I want to be able to hold his hand and tell him he's OK as I ease his bowels back into his abdominal cavity. And I really want to watch my comrades face disappear from ricochet that catches him in the nose. I want to be bothered by the gore and carnage for years after. Yes, fun times and definitely needed to keep the game "real". </sarcasm>

RE: The Spoiler below.
This is war and carnage.This is gore. If you can't stomach the real thing, don't look!!!
Would this be enough to satisfy the gore mongers?
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I was talking about the HoS trailer, but wtf an eye missing? Never saw that.

Upvote 0